Visual Copy probably not worth it for serious use

Page 3 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 53 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 32553
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 3 2014 3:35 PM

Yes John

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 60
all4als | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 9 2015 9:51 AM

What is the probability that users will be able to *justify* text and other *formatting* features, only using the backgrounds Visual Copy provides?

John 14:15

Posts 32553
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 9 2015 1:26 PM

If the features are on logos.uservoice.com and get a high level of support, the odds are high; if that condition is not met I suspect that the usages statistics, forum activity and other modifications required in the system will all go into the prioritization of the work.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 9 2015 5:53 PM

all4als:

What is the probability that users will be able to *justify* text and other *formatting* features, only using the backgrounds Visual Copy provides?

You can do this now with a little extra work. If you download Proclaim (it's free) you can edit the text/formatting there (and add your own background too, if you like).

Posts 60
all4als | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 12 2015 8:39 AM

Thanks Mark. Is there a link somewhere that gives instruction without using Proclaim?

Also, is there a setting that will make the default Visual Copy 4:3 instead of 16:9? 

Posts 29481
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 12 2015 8:54 AM

all4als:
Is there a link somewhere that gives instruction without using Proclaim?

I think that was the point. You can do so by using proclaim.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 60
all4als | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 12 2015 10:43 AM

alabama24, confused by your reply, I went back and read again what Mark Barnes wrote and said doh! Smile

Sorry and again thank you both.

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 2:05 PM

Angela Murashov:

Fred Greco:

You have to search in the Factbook for "Gospel of Luke" to get the right media link.

This has been fixed in 6.0b Beta 1.

Bible Book Guides will now appear when the Bible reference is entered. No longer requires specific ‘First Epistle to’ or ‘Gospel of’ to choose Biblical Book Guides.

6.0b has just shipped to stable.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 1975
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 8:34 PM

Visual Copy is TERRIBLE. So stupid it asks me to subscribe to Proclaim monthly payment to use the Pro Media they give out in part of the promo when spending $2500.

VISUAL COPY is the worst feature.

1. Cannot edit font. (NOT ALL SLIDES works the same)
  2. Cannot edit font size (Both #1 & #2 causes texts to disappear on the bottom on certain slides)
  3. Does not display all slides at once. What if I want to use the SAME slide twice?? I have to scroll down and hunt the slide AGAIN?? C'mon, that's ridiculous and time wasting.
  4. Cannot adjust the space on the words. The cut off on the sentences are weird.
  5. Scrolling is the terrible; once you picked a slide, if you scroll down again, you'll see the same slides you saw earlier. 
  6. It suppose to save time (saw this line somewhere by logos' employee), but it wasted hours of my time trying to figure out the spacing and adjustments for the slides.
  7. I don't see the benefit paying $50/a year. It is prematurely released. I strongly feel Logos owe me $100.

I'm very dissatisfied.

Posts 32553
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 9:20 PM

Mike, I understand why you are dissatisfied but I'm not sure your expectations correspond to what Logos promised. And I'm not sure where Visual Copy asks you to purchase a subscription to Proclaim. Could you point me to where Logos suggested it offered the features you expect. While I don't use it much it was my understanding that Visual Copy was designed to provide quick & dirty slides - sort of an on the fly slide. It is my understanding that you issue #3 re: reusing the same slide template is on the worklist. Can you give us some specific examples of #2 disappearing text and #4 weird cutoff of sentences?

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 9:36 PM

MJ. Smith:
it was my understanding that Visual Copy was designed to provide quick & dirty slides

hence my post titled "Visual Copy probably not worth it for serious use"

Which, if memory serves me right, is exactly the same issue as was with notes. Bob "envisioned" notes to be "quick & dirty" but users complained, begged and petitioned. Despite numerous vows to not "reinvent a wordprocessor" Bob &Co gave in and made steps to program note feature from scratch to accommodate power users. 

For the record, I would even pay for a more robust Visual Copy feature within Logos

Posts 32553
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 10:02 PM

toughski, I agree with your analogy to notes. Because of the possibility of the reuse of code from Proclaim, I suspect that if the demand is there for a full-featured slide maker it will be a shorter "battle" to get it. And clear examples of needs and shortcomings are the way to effect that change. Generalities and red-herrings don't move the cause forward. 

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 10:46 PM

MJ. Smith:
And clear examples of needs and shortcomings are the way to effect that change. Generalities and red-herrings don't move the cause forward. 

what do you mean "Generalities and red-herrings?" Did you read my 1st post? Did you read the 1st Faithlife reply? They agreed! Anyway, I feel this is going to be another 12 year improvement battle, so I am signing off and crawling back under my rock :)

Posts 32553
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 10:59 PM

I did not intend to imply that you personally engaged in generalities and red-herrings ... merely that there were examples of such in the thread. As for your first post, I think it is a good example of a person given a scooter and wondering why it isn't a 16 wheeler. Logos advertised "Visual Copy" ... note the key word "COPY" not build/edit/manipulate ....But I am sure that if uservoice shows the user demand Logos will create a presentation building feature ... I certainly know that some teachers and professors have a strong desire for improvements in this area. I hope you don't go under a rock - I hope you fight as hard for this as I fought for changes to notes. I'm sure Bob has become tired of references to Luke 18:1-8 which became my tag for "I'm bugging you about notes again".

Page 3 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS