Minimal Crossgrade vs. Starter? First time customer

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Jake Roberts | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 29 2014 7:49 AM

I have two questions:

First question:

Which would be a better introductory package:  the Minimal Crossgrade, or the Starter edition?

I'd go for a higher priced package if I had the money for it right now.

Second question:

What is the least expensive bass package that includes all Minimal Crossgrade features?

Posts 3311
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 8:05 AM

If you don't already have any resources I would say go with Starter.  The min base package with all features (MVP's correct me if I am wrong) is Gold.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 3311
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 8:05 AM

Welcome to the Logos Community by the way!

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 8:06 AM

Hey Jake,

Welcome to the forums!

If you're brand new to Logos, you definitely want Starter. The crossgrade products are designed for people who already have existing libraries and Logos 5 features & datasets. Without those things, the Minimal Crossgrade alone isn't going to give you a very good experience.

To your second question:

Gold is the base package level where all of the features kick in. It's what I use personally, and really love it. I was (for a time) on L5 Starter, and when I moved to Gold I saw a marked increase in the level of functionality I was able to get out of my Logos software. It's at that level that the software really sings.

Now, Starter, Bronze, Sliver—those are all fine products too. I prepped many sermons and did a lot of study in Starter. And Bronze adds some of the coolest features in L6 (Factbook for example), and Silver brings some really powerful original language tools to bear. But Gold is the base package I recommend for most people.

To understand all the ins and outs, your best bet is to call our sales team (888-875-9491). They can listen to your needs, and get you outfitted with the base package that best suits you.

RD3

Logos Marketing | ray.deck@logos.com

Posts 1872
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 8:11 AM

Jake Roberts:
Which would be a better introductory package:  the Minimal Crossgrade, or the Starter edition?

It depends...  The Minimal Crossgrade emphasizes datasets and a few key resources to make Logos work.  But that's all it has. The Starter editions have more basic resources of every type, but do not have all the datasets for the fancy features.  I would probably recommend a Starter package, but might also look at the price for a Crossgrade with an added 1 volume commentary and the translation of my choice too.

Jake Roberts:
What is the least expensive bass package that includes all Minimal Crossgrade features?

Gold, I believe has all the features of the Features Crossgrade.  I do not know about Core Crossgrade.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS