highlighing

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Wayne C. Garris | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 30 2014 12:32 PM

In some of my books the word "the" is highlighted.  I know I never set logos to highlight this word, but unfortunately I can't remember how to setup highlighting so I can't turn it off.

Strangely this highlighting only occurs in certain books or even just a part of a book.  I never noticed this before installing logos 6 so I think it must be related to some file being altered or corrupted by the new installation.

Thanks for your help.

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 12:46 PM

Wayne, that seems strange indeed.

1. Do you have any open searches? Searches temporarily highlight words.

2. Right click on a highlighted word, then be sure that word is selected on the right side of the menu that opens up, and choose Open Annotations to discover which note file contains this highlight.

3. If the note file contains only other highlights for this same word, you can delete the file under the Documents Menu. Note the name of the file, close it, then open the documents menu and chose Notes on the right side. Find the note file with those incorrect annotations, and delete it (right click on the name of the file and select Delete).

4. If the note file has a mix of different words highlighted, then the process is more complicated. You'd have to delete all the errors to leave the rest.

5. Alternatively you can just hide those annotations when you are reading a resource. Go to the Visual filters icon on the Resource header (the three circles) and open the list, scroll to the note file with the annotation and uncheck it.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2
Wayne C. Garris | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 12:57 PM

Thanks very much.  It seems it was related to a search I had done several days ago and the word "the" was part of that search.  Removing the search removed the highlights.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS