FEATURE REQUEST 6.0 sr 1: Remove personal book from server

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 30 2014 11:47 PM

Hi thanks for enabling the upload of Personal Books, but please allow us to remove them also, as some of the books I have PB'd are not allowed by my licence agreements with the author/publishers to permanently sit/be hosted on cloud space I do not have "control" over..

Plus it will save you space as well.. 

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 11836
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 4:24 AM

Dominic,

while I understand the feature request, the fact that Logos doesn't grab all PBs from our desktops but you actively upload them into the cloud gives you control over not doing so for books where you are under such severe restrictions.

However, I hope they expose uploaded PBs via documents.logos.com or a sister site of that and thus deleting (and in the future even sharing with a group) would be easily implemented.

Additional point: all the things that work in the cloud/on the web don't need to wait for the beta cycles and subsequent releases of L6, such as 6.0a or 6.1 (note that SR's fix technical bugs, not introduce new features - they're at SR 2 now) but can be implemented "on the fly" by Logos.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 9095
LogosEmployee

Have you already uploaded the PB, or are you just making the suggestion as a way of fixing possible mistakes?

If it has already been uploaded, one workaround (until a delete function is supported) would be to remove all the "body files" from the book, add an empty Word doc, then rebuild and re-upload the resource. This would replace the copy on the server with a blank resource. (You could then hide it in your Library, and create a new PB that has the real content.)

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 11:41 AM

Yes I did  upload a dummy test one

will manually compile on each machine till then

thanks for considering option

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS