crossover or package first?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 55
Erwin | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 31 2014 11:47 AM

Which is most cost effective? To buy the the package (i.e. bronze) 1st and then the crossover or the other way around? I know that in Logos 5 this made a difference.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 11:49 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by "crossover". As for upgrading your price is likely going to be unique because of the dynamic pricing model they use.

Posts 116
Tanner Thetford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 11:51 AM

I believe buying a package directly is more cost effective than buying the crossgrade first.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 11:53 AM

To be honest, that will entirely depend on what resources you already own, and what the overlap is between the package/crossgrade option you're looking at.

But to get a fairly instant answer, call sales and ask them.  My agent ran both for me the other day and I was able to make a decision on the spot.

I even apologized for taking his time and he said, "Nope, we are here to serve you - don't worry about that, I want you to be happy with your decision."  

Well John, if you read this, I am. Yes

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 617
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 11:53 AM

One thing to remember with getting a package, you have to get "gold" to get all of the new data sets.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 55
Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 11:55 AM

Sorry I meant crossgrade and I know that dynamic pricing varies from person to person but that doesn't really pertain to my question

Posts 55
Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 12:00 PM

I know that gold contains all the new data sets but I do not want all those resources. That's the purpose of the crossgrades to give you the data sets that are missing from your package. The question has to do with how the dynamic pricing will be calculated. Will It be cheaper to by the package first andthen purchase the cross grade at dynamic pricing second or the other way around. It made a difference in Logos 5 I was wondering if there still will be a difference in regards to the final price (and if so in which order to purchase it) .

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 12:01 PM

Erwin:

Sorry I meant crossgrade and I know that dynamic pricing varies from person to person but that doesn't really pertain to my question

Actually it does pertain. Because of dynamic pricing  - someone who knows how to run the scenario (sales) will have to answer you.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 12:03 PM

The one addenda I would make is this:

because a base package also contains heavily discounted books - it is generally going to be the most cost effective move IF you want those books. 

I generally make a list of the books I'll get -vs- the books I really want.  That second list is the one I tally up to figure out if it is worth it. 

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 12:10 PM

Tanner Thetford:

I believe buying a package directly is more cost effective than buying the crossgrade first.

I can confirm this in my own situation. I wanted to do an upgrade plus buy a crossgrade at the same, and the price I was quoted didn't seem worth it. I went ahead with the upgrade only, and the following day I noticed I could get the crossgrade for more than $60 cheaper than the combo price I was given the previous day. So I guess dynamic pricing looked at the resources I already had, not the resources I would have with both the upgrade and the crossgrade.

My advice (and take this with a grain of salt, as I'm a newbie here Big Smile) would be to get the package first (or upgrade first if you're moving from L5 to L6) and then check out the crossgrades.  And the advice to speak with sales is spot on. I hooked up with a very professional and accommodating salesperson (Sarah Chase) and she helped me make a decision that was good for both my budget and my current Bible study needs.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 12:12 PM

Always the one with the lowest price/resource first.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS