Extended Crossgrade Question

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 31 2014 12:17 PM

I need to spend a little more time with the website now that it's back online, but really quick question. Does Logos 6 Platinum contain everything in the Logos 6 Extended Crossgrade? I want to make sure if I go Platinum I get all the new data sets and media.

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 12:31 PM

Nathan Parker:
Does Logos 6 Platinum contain everything in the Logos 6 Extended Crossgrade?

As we have been told that everything is in "Gold" it should follow that everything should also be in the higher graded Platinum?

Smile

[please let us know if this is in error]

Regards, SteveF

Posts 2784
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 12:33 PM

Nathan Parker:

I need to spend a little more time with the website now that it's back online, but really quick question. Does Logos 6 Platinum contain everything in the Logos 6 Extended Crossgrade? I want to make sure if I go Platinum I get all the new data sets and media.

Thanks!

From what I see, you will get that with Gold and above concerning the datasets, interactive media, and media collections.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 12:36 PM

I was thinking that was the case, but I wanted to double-check. Thanks for clarifying it. Seems I'm on the right track then. :-)

Nathan Parker

Posts 1360
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 3:53 PM

Nathan Parker:

I was thinking that was the case, but I wanted to double-check. Thanks for clarifying it. Seems I'm on the right track then. :-)

The difference for me between the Extended Crossgrade and Gold was only $60. I gained far more than that in resources I wanted.

I didn't find that much of interest to me in Platinum.

Pricing and interest will vary by user. 

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 4:02 PM

SteveF:
As we have been told that everything is in "Gold" it should follow that everything should also be in the higher graded Platinum?

This isn't true. All of the Feature Crossgrade is in Gold, but not all of the Extended Crossgrade is in Gold.

An example of a resource in Extended, but not in Gold is Selected Sermons of George Whitefield. That resource is in Platinum, however.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 34
Douglas R Koch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 4:19 PM

There are 59 sermons from Whitfield in the Selected Sermons Collection.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 4:21 PM

Mike Barnes:
An example of a resource in Extended, but not in Gold is Selected Sermons of George Whitefield. That resource is in Platinum, however.

It's absence would be no loss as far as I'm concerned since I don't buy sermons with the possible exception of Calvin's (still thinking about that).

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 4:22 PM

I double-checked the Extended Crossgrade resource list with the Platinum list, and according to what I can tell, everything in the Extended Crossgrade is in Platinum. I didn't check it with Gold.

Platinum is eating away at my wish list a little more, so seems like the best option for me.

I can also top off Biblical Languages after I get Platinum since it'll add two additional Biblical Languages books to my library.

Nathan Parker

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 4:25 PM

George, I generally rent mine, typically for an hour, which allows about 20 minutes extra.  Some software companies will throw in the pre-sermon service, if you agree to rent at least 4.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 7:11 PM

Mark Barnes:
This isn't true. All of the Feature Crossgrade is in Gold, but not all of the Extended Crossgrade is in Gold.

Thanks Dave  - so all of the"bells & whistles" are but not all of the resources?

Is there a note anywhere telling folks that they would need to alsobuy the Extended crossgrade after picking up Gold?

Regards, SteveF

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 7:39 PM
Two ways you could try to get it: Open the Gold list in a browser window and open the Extended Crossgrade in another window. Compare the contents. That's what I've been doing. Or upgrade to Gold. Then run the list of books you get in the Extended Crossgrade to see what you're missing. I thought there was a comparison chart somewhere as well.

Nathan Parker

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS