Changing Font Sizes in Commentaries

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 11 2010 2:01 PM

I haven't seen this issue posted anywhere else, but in L4 all of the sudden the fonts in my commentaries change in size. This occurs primarily in WBC, but I have found it in other places too. Anyone else having that issue? I am running L4 with Windows XP.

Posts 5629
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 2:11 PM

It's not new with L4.  The font sizes change because that's the way the print version was originally formatted.  Here's the NIGTC Matthew page scan (from Amazon) for the example you have above:

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 2:29 PM

Weird. Why was it ever printed that way? Trying to save paper?

Posts 19321
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 2:45 PM

JeremyEllis:

Weird. Why was it ever printed that way? Trying to save paper?

I have the Revelation volume of this series in print, and paging through it I see that it uses this smaller font occasionally as well. It looks like there's some logic behind the decision. The parts in the smaller font are of slightly less importance than the larger parts. So you could effectively read through a section of commentary and skip the small text if you wanted a less in-depth coverage. Think of it as sort of a mid-level between main body text and footnotes in importance. Footnotes are tiny and can be entirely skipped unless you are doing the most thorough of research.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS