FAO Rick: Cunning suggestion for having an Ancient Literature section in the Topic Guide

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13423
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 1 2014 4:32 PM

Hey Rick,

You know by know we all love your Ancient Literature dataset in our Passage Guides. But we really need it in our Topic Guides, too. I think it could be done relatively easily. Here's my suggestion:

• For the church fathers, use the data in the "Ecclesiastical Writers" section of the Catholic Topical Index.
  • For ANE, intertestamental Judaism, etc., use the data from Cultural Concepts. Most of those concepts map onto topics.
  • Lay it all out just like the existing Ancient Literature section, but without the distinction between quotation, allusion, etc.

That would be awesome, and all the data is already there!

Posts 1435
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 1:38 PM

I'll talk with the people who know more about the other pieces (Cultural Concepts, Catholic Topical Index) to see how feasible this is.

Thanks!

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 1:43 PM

Mark Barnes:

Hey Rick,

You know by know we all love your Ancient Literature dataset in our Passage Guides. But we really need it in our Topic Guides, too. I think it could be done relatively easily. Here's my suggestion:

• For the church fathers, use the data in the "Ecclesiastical Writers" section of the Catholic Topical Index.
  • For ANE, intertestamental Judaism, etc., use the data from Cultural Concepts. Most of those concepts map onto topics.
  • Lay it all out just like the existing Ancient Literature section, but without the distinction between quotation, allusion, etc.

That would be awesome, and all the data is already there!

ooh ya! +Yes

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS