Tagging plans

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1323
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 1 2014 8:57 PM

With the release of L6, I can see the incredible potential of the tagging of resources. Within the bibles the tagging of Topics and Milestones ++++ is powerful.

Are there plans to tag other resources? Say systematic theologies and other popular resources?

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 11:33 AM

I do not speak for Logos and cannot say what plans they have. I will say they have consistently developed the software in this area.

Posts 13411
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 1:13 PM

Mike Tourangeau:
systematic theologies

I'd hope this would be next. They've done sermons and are doing journals, and this seems the next obvious thing. (I have no inside information, though. It's just what I hope.)

That said, tagging the Church Fathers with topics ought to be possible because a lot of the work has been done for that.

Posts 30238
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 4:20 PM

Mark Barnes:

They've done sermons

Make that SOME sermons and not yet the church fathers which is where I would have startedWink

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 13411
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 4:38 PM

MJ. Smith:
Make that SOME sermons and not yet the church fathers which is where I would have startedWink

You do surprise me Stick out tongue. To be fair though, most of the fathers' sermons volumes are set up as commentaries, which means they're much easier to discover than other sermon volumes, which is presumably why they're less of a priority than you would imagine.

I've just checked again and in my library I now have 10,283 sermons in 160 resources. Logos are obviously working hard on the tagging.

Posts 30238
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 5:07 PM

Mark Barnes:

You do surprise me Stick out tongue. To be fair though, most of the fathers' sermons volumes are set up as commentaries, which means they're much easier to discover than other sermon volumes, which is presumably why they're less of a priority than you would imagine.

Big SmileI will admit that my recent L6 greatly enhanced my results in the sermon sections. I'm up to 6,359 articles in 152 resources. The only items I really wish were tagged are the prereformation books that only include a handful of sermons and have titles like "Three Sermons on ..." But I will admit my Anglican resources seem to be well tagged.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 5:14 PM

Mark Barnes:
I've just checked again and in my library I now have 10,283 sermons in 160 resources. Logos are obviously working hard on the tagging.

Mark did you add them up from the Sermons section of a Passage Guide Gen-Rev, or is there an easier way to see what we have?

Posts 13411
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 5:37 PM

Don Awalt:
Mark did you add them up from the Sermons section of a Passage Guide Gen-Rev, or is there an easier way to see what we have?

Search for {Label Sermon} in L6.

Posts 4112
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 5:48 PM

7639 results in 155 resources.

That's fantastic. Thanks for that link Mark.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 6:13 PM

Thanks Mark!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS