Home Page - Updated Resources

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1084
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 2 2014 1:56 AM

Is there a way to see the 'recently updated' resources on the home page?

The home page has a drop down list, but that only shows the last physical download (!). L5 used to show the last few downloads ... far more useful ... especially at the rate that resources are being updated and downloaded.

It may be one of the options ... but I am missing it (that is the first place I go ... cancel all the fluff (IMHO) such as blogs, pre-pubs, blogs, choosing bibles, blogs etc.)

In addition, we used to have, in the sidebar, a 'rotating' panel of random resources from our library. I cannot see that either. The sidebar is now pretty empty ... a couple of reading lists ... and a whole lot  of nothing.

Thanks.

And the final thing ... on all our resources we can set the columns ... usually between auto and none ... so as to have scrolling or pages. Any way of seeing that here? the scrolling page is so slow to populate and does not indicate additional content, or our progress through the content. It was the one area that it suited the analogy of reading a newspaper or magazine.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 32949
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 1:34 AM

I believe that the home page drop down and the library last updated date are our only options. I've been missing the old method as well.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1034
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 2:00 AM

A problem with the new method is that it is both impractical to scroll through the new list if you have more than 50 updates and there is not history of past updates to look at, in the old system you could download a bunch, see what you had then buy another bundle and you could see what was in each tranche. This is a real step backwards, especially when there has been so much confusion about what is included in the new packages, they have made it so we cannot check.

And here comes the kicker, I hear people crying that you can check the last updated column in the library which can help in some of these areas., but they decided to update 3000 resources on the same day so the updated today list in the library is bloated out of all proportions and is effectively useless.

Logos never wanted us to see a list of updated resources but it is vital for both library management and to check we are getting what we have paid for. What has been reinforced is that Logos makes mistakes on its product pages and we cannot just trust them to give us what we have paid for, we need to be able to easily audit what we are getting and Logos should respect this, especially with the experience of the past few days. 

Posts 5364
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 2:36 AM

Hi Mike

Mike Pettit:
And here comes the kicker, I hear people crying that you can check the last updated column in the library which can help in some of these areas., but they decided to update 3000 resources on the same day so the updated today list in the library is bloated out of all proportions and is effectively useless.

The download certainly reset most things to a base level. :-( but I do think that Faithlife won't be making a habit of it. One saving grace was that the big update was flagged well in advance and it came before we started upgrading for Logos 6 (though not by much) :-(

As a practical feature I do think that the 'Last Updated' column can be a workable solution for accounting.

On the other hand a date purchased column would be quite useful if you are worried about Faithlife's probity.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1034
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 3:24 AM

Mike Binks:

On the other hand a date purchased column would be quite useful if you are worried about Faithlife's probity.

I want to be very clear here, I am not questioning Faithlife's probity, I am merely stating the proven fact that they make mistakes, probably more often than they would like or expect.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS