Visual Copy

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 6
Mike Gatliff | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 3 2014 6:03 AM

I want to send things directly to Powerpoint as highlighted on the promo video for Logos 6. 

I highlight a text and right click.

click on "visual copy"

Click on "send to" and Powerpoint"

Nothing happens. 

I have rebooted programs and my computer several times hoping that magial restart will solve the problem.  I would love to get this to work. 

If I click on the "Send to Proclaim" it takes me to an option for a trial of that software.  I just want it to work with power point as it should.

Thanks

Posts 25760
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 6:20 AM

Hi Mike - and welcome to the forums

I've just tried it and it is working for me so want to check a few things?

Mike Gatliff:
click on "visual copy"

Do you have the text or the reference selected in the right-hand menu> (Either should work just wanting to narrow things down a bit)

Mike Gatliff:
Nothing happens. 

What translation are you using, which passage?

Are you running on Windows or Mac OS?

Posts 6
Mike Gatliff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 7:14 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I selected the text

the translation is the NASB 95 update

Running Windows 7

I get as far as what you see below but it will not let me send anything to PPT when I click on the "send to" button.  I have tried it with PowerPoint open and closed.

Thanks again for your help

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 7:30 AM

Mike Gatliff:
I get as far as what you see below

There is nothing below. I tried Visual Copy in NASB and it is working fine. I too am running Win 7.

What specific passage are you trying to visual copy? When you say nothing happens, does Powerpoint do nothing or does it open a blank presentation?

Posts 6
Mike Gatliff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 7:36 AM

Sorry, I had coppied and pasted a screenshot but it did not go.

the passage was 1st John 3:18

By nothing happening I mean that in the visual copy window, a slide is created with the selected passage.  I click on the "Send to" button which offers two options. 1. Proclaim Software. 2. PowerPoint. 

I click on "PowerPoint" and NOTHING happens.  Nothing at all.  No signs of it working,

I have waited and waited, tried different slides, different passages etc.  It just does not seem to be connecting with PowerPoint.  My hunch is a registry problem but at that point, I am way over my head.

I appreciate your time.

Posts 25760
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 8:05 AM

Mike Gatliff:
I click on "PowerPoint" and NOTHING happens.  Nothing at all.  No signs of it working,

I've just tried that passage and it works.

But it works "silently". By this I mean if you already have a PPT file open the Visual Copy "Send to.." will simply insert a slide into it without any visual indication it is doing anything.

Do you have any PPT files open while testing this and are the slides appearing there without you noticing?

Sorry if this seems basic but I just got confused with this a few minutes ago!

Posts 6
Mike Gatliff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 8:11 AM

i have done it with ppt open, closed, blank presentations, and existing ones.  no slide is inserted. 

Posts 6
Mike Gatliff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 8:12 AM

and using powerpoint 2013

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 8:12 AM

Mike Gatliff:

Sorry, I had coppied and pasted a screenshot but it did not go.

the passage was 1st John 3:18

By nothing happening I mean that in the visual copy window, a slide is created with the selected passage.  I click on the "Send to" button which offers two options. 1. Proclaim Software. 2. PowerPoint. 

I have waited and waited, tried different slides, different passages etc.  It just does not seem to be connecting with PowerPoint.  My hunch is a registry problem but at that point, I am way over my head.

I appreciate your time.

Take a look at this screencast. Notice after I select send to powerpoint the PP icon on the task bar starts blinking. 

http://www.screencast.com/t/LHAQTwFB

Posts 6
Mike Gatliff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 8:59 AM

Thanks for taking the time to do that video.  All is same for me right up to the point where you clicked on "powerpoint."  When I click on it just like you did, nothing happens.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 9:24 AM

It sounds like it might be a PowerPoint issue rather than a logos issue. Are you able to open a blank presentation in PowerPoint and then copy and paste the Visual Copy content into a slide?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS