Home Page Navigation

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 3 2014 10:40 AM

The worse thing about the new home page in L6 is the scroll wheel, space bar and Page Down/Up keys no or arrow keys no longer function as a means of scrolling down the content. It is a pain having to click on the scroll bar and drag the content up or down. If the purpose of the home page is to help keep us informed, Logos is doing a good job of discouraging us from reading past the original page. 

Posts 28244
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 10:51 AM

Do I remember correctly that you are now using a Mac? If you use a Trackpad, you can "two finger scroll."

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 11:47 AM

I am using Windows. Glad it works on the Mac.

Posts 570
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 12:04 PM

it works with my MS scroll mouse for scrolling the home page. interesting.

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 1:25 PM

Keith Larson:
The worse thing about the new home page in L6 is the scroll wheel, space bar and Page Down/Up keys no or arrow keys no longer function as a means of scrolling down the content.

Keith, there's definitely something wrong with your installation, as all of these methods work for me in 6.0 SR-3 on Windows 8.1. We could take a look at your logs (if there's anything relevant, not sure) or you could call our Tech Support and they could remote into your machine and hopefully find the problem.

Sorry you're having this trouble. Sad

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 570
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 1:28 PM

is it supposed to work on a touch screen tablet PC (not tablet device)?  mouse and scrolling work great for me, but the only way to scroll on my tablet PC, sans mouse is, as he mentioned to use my finger to drag the scrollbar.

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 1:53 PM

Dylan Rondeau:

Keith Larson:
The worse thing about the new home page in L6 is the scroll wheel, space bar and Page Down/Up keys no or arrow keys no longer function as a means of scrolling down the content.

Keith, there's definitely something wrong with your installation, as all of these methods work for me in 6.0 SR-3 on Windows 8.1. We could take a look at your logs (if there's anything relevant, not sure) or you could call our Tech Support and they could remote into your machine and hopefully find the problem.

Sorry you're having this trouble. Sad

I have gotten mouse wheel support working again. Perhaps it is an intermittent problem. I certainly have experienced it more than once and on different computers.

Scrolling with the space bar and Page keys still does not work. Is it suppose to?

Where do I find the logs? 

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 2:05 PM

Keith Larson:

I am on Windows 7 x64 and all 3 (scroll wheel, space, Pg Up/Dn) still move the Home Page up/down.

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 2:06 PM

I am using Windows 8.1. Should have posted that.

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 2:15 PM

Keith Larson:

Scrolling with the space bar and Page keys still does not work. Is it suppose to?

Where do I find the logs? 

Spacebar and Page Up/Down keys and Arrow keys all work for me in Windows 8.1, so they should work for you as well.

Logs are located in Documents/Logos Log Files, but you may have to enable logging first: https://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging#PC 

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS