Am I missing resources?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 3 2014 12:36 PM

The upgrade page tells me I have 4119 resources, but my Logos shows, 3673. Am I missing something? 
Posts 592
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 1:01 PM

when I talked to the sales rep when I ordered my l6 upgrade, I asked the same question, it was off by several hundred.  they said to just ignore what was on the website and go by what is in your library.  they didn't have a better, or more technical reason/excuse for the difference. :(

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 1:10 PM

There are more resources than just what is shown in the library.  Datasets used by various features and reverse interlinears are not counted in the library (neither are hidden resources) though they are counted in your license shown on the web site.  You can see some of these listed in the "About Logos" window.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 1:12 PM

The web site says I have about 800 more resources than I have in my Library. Some of those are resources I have hidden and other (I suspect) are datasets that don't show in my Library. But even with that taken into account, the web site's count would be high by hundreds in my case. I ignore it.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 1:12 PM

The 4119 includes datasets that aren't visible in the Library. It also includes books you may have hidden. And if that screenshot is from a tablet, it will lack those resources that aren't enabled for mobile.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 27910
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 1:33 PM

KPK:
The upgrade page tells me I have 4119 resources, but this is what my Logos shows. Am I missing something? 

The difference is usually datasets, databases and some media which are not included in Library. But it is larger than I would expect. Unless you are obviously missing some resources I wouldn't be concerned.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 2:06 PM

Thank you for clarifying! Phew! :D 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS