L4 causes sleep mode and I can't get out of it

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2225
Mark | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 12 2010 4:02 AM

I have had a problem with L4 since the very beginning of my installing it back in November.  L4 often will cause my computer to go into sleep mode.  It is strange because I don't have sleep mode or hibernation set to function on my computer.  And when it goes into sleep mode, when I try to wake it up, it goes into a standby loop and the only way to end it is to force a shutdown. 

Can anyone help?  Here is the log: [View:http://community.logos.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/76/6646.Logos4.log]

I am using Lenovo T61 Windows xp pro sp 3

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 2:23 PM

Mark,

The log file was not attached properly. Please use the paper clip icon on the compose window to attach it again. If it has the [View.....] look to it it is not attached properly. Been there, done that.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5636
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 2:26 PM

Mark A. Smith:

Mark,

The log file was not attached properly. Please use the paper clip icon on the compose window to attach it again. If it has the [View.....] look to it it is not attached properly. Been there, done that.

actually, the link works if you remove the square bracket at the end.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 3:24 PM

Todd Phillips:
actually, the link works if you remove the square bracket at the end.

Got it.

The log file just shows that Logos 4 was having some problems with synchronization. I'm not sure how or why that is connected with going into sleep mode. It may not be. I don't see anything in the log that explains what you've been experiencing. Perhaps someone else will.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2225
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 4:14 PM

Thanks Mark for taking a look.  I will create a new log and attach it again tonight.  When I first installed L4 back in November, my computer constantly went into sleep mode and I had to reformat as a result.  I have searched a bit on the internet and discovered that it may be an issue with Lenovo T61 Thinkpads.  It is really unexplainable as I have turned hibernation off in an effort to avoid the problem.  Since reformatting, it does not occur much...only when attempting to work with L4.  When L4 starts to index it often happens or when I download a large update it might happen.  I have L4 up and running well but since the update of 12/31 the sleep mode issue has come up again to the point where I cannot do searches.  I can only open a resource and read it....and there is always the threat that it will just go into sleep mode at any time.  Weird.  I also posted a few days ago a problem with getting onto the homepage.  I cant do it. 

I will send another log as soon as I can.

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 7:21 PM

OK.

I had some trouble with my Dell laptop not waking up from sleep mode. Seems there was a problem in that I had 2 GB of RAM and was running Vista or something like that. Anyway it was frustrating because the problem seemed to belong to Microsoft and they weren't doing anyhting about it.

Hope you can get to the bottom of this strange issue.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 43
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 4 2010 11:51 AM

I have had a similar problem, though L4 has not at all forced my computer into sleep mode.... I wrote the following in another post:

It seems to me that if I have the Logos 4 application open, go to Standby Mode with my computer, then return from Standby to use the computer again, the computer consistently crashes / gives me a blank dark screen. After this, I need to power-down / power-up the computer.  Please note that 1) I have a windows password that I need to log back in with after my computer returns from Standby, and 2) I was using an external monitor (HMDI connection) for the laptop.

Posts 43
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 4 2010 11:53 AM

My other post was:  http://community.logos.com/forums/t/17959.aspx

Posts 2225
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 4 2010 12:08 PM

The problem I have had disappeared with 4b.  In other words, it only happened (and always happened) under 4a.  Now we have version 4c.  My computer is the same as it was back in January.  But the issue is resolved.  I understand now that the problem was not my computer as others suggested in other threads..  Others suggested I was complaining because of missing features and no matter how many times I protested that my issues with L4 was not over missing features, it was over the actual ability to use the program, this fell largely on deaf ears as L4 back then was the best thing since slice bread and was an absolutely perfect program, howbeit, just missing features (this was not suggested on this thread, but other threads).  But the problem was the logos program.  It was not usable on my machine until 4b came out.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS