L6 Feature Request: 'Drag-able' Quotes in Notes

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1073
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 9 2014 5:14 AM

... unless somebody can tell me how!

I like the new quotes system within ... a lot. However, I cannot seem to select and drag them to another notes file whilst in the Quotes view.

My workflow consists of highlights whilst reading on my iPad. All of these go into a single notes document. I then, periodically, review this file  and organise it into my other topic/scripture themed note documents.

I know swapping notes docs on the iPad is possible ... it is just cumbersome ... and actually reviewing this document helps me to re-visit or refocus my thoughts rather than just sending the highlight to their final destination without review.

Thanks.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 5:45 AM

This entry from the Wiki helped me learn how to move notes from one note file to another, but I can't seem to do it while in the Quotes view. You may need to change to the Full view to move them. Hope this helps!

Posts 1073
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 5:51 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I have been dragging notes between files for some time.

The quotes view sorts my highlights by resource, (which I can do in full view) but also allows the sections to be collapse-able, and for me to read the full quote on the screen. This significantly aids the sorting of the notes.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 957
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 6:15 AM

Ok, got you! I'd love the iOS app a lot more if each book got its own notes file automatically when you began to highlight stuff from that book. The way it works now makes me a little grouchy. I hate having to go back to Logos desktop and sort out notes (from Highligher Pens etc) in the files I want them to go in . For those of us who are OCD-like about our organizing (me, me, me!! Big Smile), it is duplication of effort and very counter-intuitive.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS