General Introduction to The Bible

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 71
Hugh DeLong | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 11 2014 11:21 AM

I upgraded to Logos 6 Platinum last week, then tried to open Geisler's General Intro to the Bible only to be told that 'this resource is no longer in your library'.  There is a grayed out 'Update resources now' button - and tells me to 'Press the button to begin downloading resources'.  Nothing to press...  as the button is grayed out and inoperative. Why lose resources with an upgrade?  Don't think it is suppose to work that way!

Hugh DeLong

Posts 2394
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 11 2014 11:38 AM

Hi Hugh,

I just updated to Platinum and was able to open the book in question. As to your solution, there is always the command on the command line to "update resources" which will most likely solve your problem. However the process my be time consuming. As such you may want to wait and see if you get another option that may be less time intensive.

Posts 71
Hugh DeLong | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 11 2014 2:58 PM

Thanks... I tried that and it downloaded some resources but upon reboot and retry, same things. This resource is no longer in your library  :-(

Posts 71
Hugh DeLong | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 12 2014 3:17 AM

Interestingly, I can access this book on my iPad through the Logos app. AND I can access it on my desktop computer (Windows 7). But my Mac Air gives this error?  Can I copy the main resource file from my Windows computer? What is the name of the file? 

Hugh

Posts 71
Hugh DeLong | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 12 2014 6:38 AM

I located an older Logos Lib Report and it gave me the name of the file... I then did a search of my drive and found a copy of this file but it was not in the resource folder but rather in the resource manager/downloaded folder. I made a copy of it in that folder (just in case), moved the original to the resource folder, and restarted Logos...   and now it is there. 

Still no idea why it disappeared in the first place or why it didn't update when it downloaded it.  Any suggestions for future lost books?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS