installing Logos 6

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 22
Brother Wolf | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 16 2014 4:39 PM

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

I have Logos 5 Gold installed on my laptop. I purchased the upgrade to 6 gold. I downloaded the new files and asked the computer to install Logos 6. I get two messages:

1. Logos requires Windows 7 servicepack 1 or newer.

I click OK

2. The installation of the Logos Prerequisites did not succeed.

I click OK

I am back to my normal Windows desktop.

I went to my Windows upgrade and it tells me there are no upgrades available. (I think that means that I have the most recent version.)

Where do I go from here?

With love in Him who first loved us, Brother Wolf.

Posts 4138
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 16 2014 4:58 PM

Unfortunately what that means is you don't have a recent version of windows. I believe you need Vista SP2, or windows 7 at a minimum. 

I would hazard a guess that you clicked on windows update. While this is good and important to keep up to date, it only updates within versions, and doesn't give you new versions...

Like natural selection - a finch might have a different beak at different times, but the finch isn't going to become a spider. 

Would suggest calling around to a local computer shop and getting an estimate on upgrading your version of windows. 

Windows 7 OEM licenses wholesale are about 70$ right now (with cd). Plus their time you're probably looking at 100-150$ depending on whether you need any new hardware (IE more memory, bigger hard drive, etc). 

A buddy of mine who runs a local computer store is telling me his shop gets 240$ for the upgrade from windows XP to Windows 7, and that memory is about 30$/gb retail installed. 

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 16 2014 5:06 PM

Maybe this thread might help; sounds like a similar problem.

Posts 22
Brother Wolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 16 2014 5:27 PM

Thanks, Yasmin.

Sounds like the same issue. They solved it, so I have high hopes that I'll be up and running soon.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS