help is it possible to deactivate books. Logos.com

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 296
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 18 2014 11:31 AM

Hi

when I do a search and select everything, in the report there is a reference to  books. Logos.com

how do I switch this off ,

I have a very large library and don't want to waste my system resources looking for stuff I don't want

And there is also a reference to community tags  is the way to switch this off as well

appreciate any help

mick

Mick
Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 11:37 AM

I'm not sure either is costing you very much time. 

I've not seen a result in community tags that takes longer than 0.0 seconds, and books.logos usually only takes 1-2 seconds.

You might find some value in them, I know I have. 

However, if you're set against them, then next time you do a search click the little carrot so that the section closes. The next search after that won't search that section unless you open it up.

To verify this, I searched for Jesus, closed the carrot, and searched for jesus again. you'll notice that in community tags and books.logos there is no computer resources "spent" nor time wasted. 

The other sections that look closed, were closed for purposes of the screen shot. they will be re-opened so that I can benefit from their results in my next search.
Blessings.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 3013
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 11:41 AM

Morris Proctor actually suggests closing all carrots in the Passage, Exegetical, Topic, Sermon, and Bible Word Study guides.  This allows you to only open the information you want to see when you want to see it thus making hte searches faster.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 296
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 11:45 AM

Hi everybody

thank you for your replies

I'm not quite sure really what community tagging is all about, and also the advantage of the book.Lagos.com can be useful

just started to read some of the posts on the forum to see if I can get my head around community tagging and the other feature book.Lagos.com

mick

Mick
Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 11:47 AM

Michael Parry -Thomas:

Hi everybody

I'm not quite sure really what community tagging is all about, and also the advantage of the book.Lagos.com can be useful

just started to read some of the posts on the forum to see if I can get my head around community tagging and the other feature book.Lagos.com

mick

Logos :) books.logos.com - lagos is in nigeria I believe. Books are in Logos :)

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 3013
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 11:56 AM

Michael Parry -Thomas:

Hi everybody

mick

Mick, 

Feel free to ask us any and all of your questions!  We are more than happy to help you understand deeper about the software and its uses!

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 24919
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 1:50 PM

Michael Parry -Thomas:

Don't forget https://community.logos.com/forums/t/92701.aspx  (What's New)

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 3:01 PM

abondservant:

Let him who is without typos cast the first stone. Wink

abondservant:
However, if you're set against them, then next time you do a search click the little carrot so that the section closes.

Caret! Caret! This is a carrot:   This is a caret:   

And, FWIW, this is carat (e.g., 40-carat): 

But maybe you don't care at all. Smile

Posts 296
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 3:07 PM

Hi

didn't quite understand the joke but I do know, my excuse is a genuine one I have severe dyslexia so I totally rely on speech recognition to type any messages

words are so interesting

sorry for the confusion  pronunciation  lagos has now been trained in my speech software to say the correct word Logos

mickSmile

Mick
Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 1 2014 2:23 PM

Rosie Perera:

abondservant:

Let him who is without typos cast the first stone. Wink

abondservant:
However, if you're set against them, then next time you do a search click the little carrot so that the section closes.

Caret! Caret! This is a carrot:   This is a caret:   

And, FWIW, this is carat (e.g., 40-carat): 

But maybe you don't care at all. Smile

too funny :)

I suspect rabbits are the ones that care the most. Hate to re-use your joke, but I barely care at all *chuckle*.

Thanks for the correction. 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS