Catholic Preachings Aids Collection

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3086
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 19 2014 6:38 PM

It would be nice if Faithlife would bundle up some of the Catholic preaching aids that it is and/or soon will be producing and put them together in a nice, easy-to-find, easy-to-buy collection. I imagine it might sell pretty well, too.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 6:57 PM

Some are already bundled:  https://www.logos.com/product/43319/homilies-bundle 

What other ones are you thinking of?

Posts 3086
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 2 2015 8:19 PM

Ideally, good ones that I don't know about yet! That is, in terms of new ones. As to what's already there, a bundle containing old and new (and, obviously, not limited to one publisher) would be good.

Right now, the majority of contemporary homilies available appear to be highly social justice-focused. Social justice isn't a bad thing by any means(!), but I think it would be good to add some collections using other approaches.

Posts 26800
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 2 2015 9:59 PM

May I suggest something slightly off topic - a group of books integrating sermons into liturgy as a whole?

• The Prayers of the New Missal: A Homiletic and Catechetical Companion by Anscar J. Chupungco OSB and J. Michael Joncas
  • Between the Ambo and the Altar: Biblical Preaching and The Roman Missal, by Guerric DeBona OSB
  • Preaching the Rites of Christian Initiation (Forum Essays) by Jan Michael Joncas
  • Sharing the Word Through the Liturgical Year by Gustavo Gutierrez
  • Preaching the Scriptures of the Masses of the Blessed Virgin Mary by David Brown
  • Religious Involvement in Hearing Sermons: A Grounded Theory Study in Empirical Theology and Homiletics by T.T.J. Pleizier

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18707
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 2 2015 10:14 PM

Here's another one, from Paulist Press, a Catholic publisher:

https://www.logos.com/product/42405/homiletics-and-preaching-collection 

EDIT:

And there's also The Sacred Conversation: The Art of Catholic Preaching and the New Evangelization which is part of this bundle from Emmaus Road:

https://www.logos.com/product/36575/emmaus-road-catholic-faith-and-theology-collection 

Posts 26800
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 2 2015 10:56 PM

Going through my notes and including one I haven't seen because it isn't published yet, what among these would interest you?

• Sundays at Magic Monastery by Thomas Keating et. al.
  • Flowers in the Wind: Story-Based Homilies by Fr. Robert J. Kus
  • Homilies of Thomas Keating by Thomas Keating
  • A Prophetic Bishop Speaks to His People: Complete Homilies of Oscar Romero by Oscar Arnulfo Romero [okay the opposite of what you want but ...)
  • Gethsemani Homilies by Matthew Kelty and William O. Paulsell
  • Singing For The Kingdom: The Last of the Homilies by Matthew Kelty and William O. Paulsell

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS