About Proclaim

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 23 2014 5:39 PM

I saw the features of this software yesterday just to see what it's all about. Sounds like a nice piece of software that should be offline and not cloud based but that's just my opinion.

I have no clue if it was working today for Sunday services but doesn't Logos have features like Sermon Starter and the newer features that Logos 6 has for Pastors as a backup or do you need to be online for those? If they are offline tools I would assume they would be a good backup when Proclaim is down.

But then again I could be talking out of my rear end and maybe I don't know what I'm talking about so apologizes in advance if that's the case since I'm still a newb.

Posts 29102
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 5:50 PM

James Hiddle:

I saw the features of this software yesterday just to see what it's all about. Sounds like a nice piece of software that should be offline and not cloud based but that's just my opinion.

I have no clue if it was working today for Sunday services but doesn't Logos have features like Sermon Starter and the newer features that Logos 6 has for Pastors as a backup or do you need to be online for those? If they are offline tools I would assume they would be a good backup when Proclaim is down.

But then again I could be talking out of my rear end and maybe I don't know what I'm talking about so apologizes in advance if that's the case since I'm still a newb.

Proclaim should be online to allow easy collaboration among the worship team. Proclaim should be offline for that actual service presentation to minimize potential slowness/interruptions. Guess what? That is how it is designed to be used. The primary problem this weekend was that the system went down before many worship teams had wrapped it up to an offline presentation. And it was not back up before the presentation was required.

No, I am not a Proclaim user. But last night I posted a question to Proclaim users so that I would understand accurately what the process was and why it caused such a major problem.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 6:07 PM

Well maybe I did talk through my rear end. Thanks for explaining that MJ. Now I know a little more about Proclaim.

I have a nasty habit of posting first and not thinking about what I'm posting first. Grrrrrr need to get rid of that habit

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS