Logos 7 - What should it offer?

Page 12 of 14 (279 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next >
This post has 278 Replies | 20 Followers

Posts 22353
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2015 7:26 AM

Hi Dorothy

Dorothy Pollock:
So I guess I wish the pricing structure would be reviewed as some of us who are not Pastors/Teachers and so forth and do not need another 275 resources but would love to see the psalms or parables explorer or a timeline or atlas, even in a "lite" form ...can't hurt to dream!

I just wanted to respond to the specific things you mentioned here:

• Psalms Explorer - this is available in the Features Crossgrade and doesn't require any additional resources
  • Parables Explorer - there isn't any such resource. There is a "Parallel Gospels Reader" also available in Features. Did you mean that or something else?
  • The TImeline is included in Core Crossgrade and upwards - this is one where having more resources will give access to more detailed information about events on the timeline
  • A range of map / atlas -related resources are included in the Crossgrades
    • Core has Biblical Places Maps and Logos 6 Maps Volume 1 & 2 (these last two are being enhanced)
    • Features additionally has Logos 6 Maps Volume 3 

Hope this helps in your decision-making process

Graham 

Posts 3733
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2015 7:38 AM

( moved it to suggestions)

Posts 855
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2015 7:54 AM

If it is possible ... it would be GREAT to get this MILESTONE CODE as a pre-defined option in the dropdown list as we type "parable" into a BIBLE and/or BASIC Search. 

Posts 32
Dorothy Pollock | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2015 8:27 AM

Yes, sorry. Too much typing ;=)
Proverbs Explorer is what I should have typed.

I dropped them a note. If the crossgrades in any form are a possibility, I will take a serious look at my options. 
I thought the features one was a good fit for me.

Sorry to take up so much time on a request thread and appreciate everyone's help.

Dorothy

Posts 353
Virgil Buttram | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2015 8:54 AM

Dorothy Pollock:

Yes, sorry. Too much typing ;=)
Proverbs Explorer is what I should have typed.

I dropped them a note. If the crossgrades in any form are a possibility, I will take a serious look at my options. 
I thought the features one was a good fit for me.

Sorry to take up so much time on a request thread and appreciate everyone's help.

Dorothy

I would recommend the Features Crossgrade if your budget permits. While the Starter base package does not contain as many resources as the features in the Crossgrade can and would utilize, those features absolutely will utilize the resources you do have. And the Features Crossgrade has all the features of the Gold package; that is, all of the features of Logos 6.

Also check the recently released Specialized Collections (Logos Blog post: https://blog.logos.com/2015/02/get-the-most-out-of-your-favorite-logos-6-features-with-specialized-collections/) for resources targeted to the different features. Note that the features do not come with these collections; the collections simply provide resources specific to the respective features.

Note: I'm not a Faithlife employee; I'm just a Logos enthusiast. Cool

Posts 32
Dorothy Pollock | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2015 12:34 PM

Hi Graham,
Ok, so I contacted someone on chat and got a different answer with some qualifications:

Agent:--->You do qualify for it. And that would get you the remaining tools and features, yes

ME:--->I had spoken to an agent who told me I did not as the starter did not have the resources required."The simple answer to your question is that you do not have a library that can utilize the Feature Crossgrade. The Starter does not have enough resources to utilize the tools in the Crossgrade"

Agent:--->The starter does not get you all the tools and features, no. And that answer was basically right; your library won't really utilize those tools properly because you're missing many of the resources required by them. It doesn't mean you can't use them, they just won't be the experience you're expecting.

ME: --->That is what I do not understand.Can you give me an example?If I use say Psalms Explorer or Proverbs explorer or atlas. What would happen?There really is not clear information on this anywhere on the site.

Agent:--->Mostly original language study. The tools you just mentioned will work fine. But you have none of the background datasets for hebrew and greek tools to function.

Posts 22353
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2015 12:39 PM

Hi Dorothy

That sounds about right.

Do you know what you are going to do?

Graham

Posts 32
Dorothy Pollock | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2015 1:33 PM

Hi Graham,

Well as I was trying to figure it out and bracing to share this with my husband ... lol. My son said he wanted to buy it for me.

He says I always say no when he offers to buy me things, which is true, so I decided that this would make a lovely gift and I said YES!

Dorothy

Posts 22353
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2015 2:43 PM

Hi Dorothy

Thats great news!

Enjoy, Graham

Posts 56
Fred Robbins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 7 2015 10:40 PM

I would like to have different choices in what books I get. By that I mean, not all who have Logos are preachers, so having a multitude of books on ministering is a waist to many like myself who do not preach. Also those not familiar with the original languages and are not concerned with trying to learn them, many language books are also a waist for many. I am not suggesting we are given a long list of books that we can pick and choose from. But we could have alternative bundles such as Logos has now on OT and NT history, Bible history, church history, denominational history and so on. So instead of getting books that would be useless for some, others bundles could be chosen that would be more beneficial for suiting their needs. The different bundles would or could be priced together to meet the same prices as a Gold, Silver or Platinum base packages.

I have probably 2000 books I do not need nor wanted but they came with the packages I have bought over the years and these have to do with the ministry and sermon making. (I would be glad to give these away if I could and if anyone wanted them.

But my point is that it would be nice to have some sort of selection in Logos 7 without having to buy books we don’t want. I know what some will say. Don’t buy the higher priced packages. What is wrong with having some choice instead of getting books logos can’t sell?

Posts 2161
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2015 6:41 AM

The Chinese comprehensive library already includes three Bibles. Two more Bibles are on prepub and a book on Ruth is on prepub.  It's a start for something in the neighborhood of 1.4 billion Chinese speakers.  加油!

Posts 28116
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2015 9:24 AM

Fred Robbins:
I would like to have different choices in what books I get.

Fred Robbins:
But my point is that it would be nice to have some sort of selection in Logos 7 without having to buy books we don’t want. I know what some will say. Don’t buy the higher priced packages. What is wrong with having some choice instead of getting books logos can’t sell?

I understand what you are saying, but can you give more details? What kind of base package do you want? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 44
Michael Kahler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 7:23 PM

I would like to see the ability to show which books, etc. are already a part of one's collection when visiting the store.  The dynamic pricing is much appreciated, but with well over 9,000 resources, it is difficult to detect which resources are owned and which resources I would be purchasing as a result of the dynamic pricing.  This is especially true when there are over 100 resources included in a collection.  It seems like an inconvenience to compare the lists of resources that are a part of the collection to the resources that are already in my library.  Thank you for allowing me to voice this!

Michael Kahler

Posts 28116
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 7:34 PM

Michael Kahler:
I would like to see the ability to show which books, etc. are already a part of one's collection when visiting the store.  The dynamic pricing is much appreciated, but with well over 9,000 resources, it is difficult to detect which resources are owned and which resources I would be purchasing as a result of the dynamic pricing.  This is especially true when there are over 100 resources included in a collection.

Faithlife has already begun to work on this. There are some bundles where if you scroll to the VERY bottom, beneath the individual descriptions of each resource, there is a list of the resources and icons showing which ones you own already. 

Posts 28116
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 7:42 PM

Here is an example... Notice the snowflake icons to the left of some titles. Those are the ones I own. EDIT: Those are the ones I DON'T own. Embarrassed

Posts 44
Michael Kahler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 4:40 PM

alabama24:

Michael Kahler:
I would like to see the ability to show which books, etc. are already a part of one's collection when visiting the store.  The dynamic pricing is much appreciated, but with well over 9,000 resources, it is difficult to detect which resources are owned and which resources I would be purchasing as a result of the dynamic pricing.  This is especially true when there are over 100 resources included in a collection.

Faithlife has already begun to work on this. There are some bundles where if you scroll to the VERY bottom, beneath the individual descriptions of each resource, there is a list of the resources and icons showing which ones you own already. 

Thank you so much for this information, alabama24!  I had no idea this is already present and being worked on.  This will save me much time!!  Thanks again!

Posts 28116
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 6:04 PM

Sure thing! Smile

Posts 2466
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 12:35 AM

Finding products in the Logos and Vyrso shops is easy. Finding resources in your own library is hard. It should be as easy as browsing the shops:

• Hierarchy by topic, especially for vyrso titles (Christian Living, bio, theology, fiction, children, teens and suitable sub categories.
  • Filtering by author, language, denomination etc.

I want just the same functions that I have in the various Faithlife stores already, just inside the application.

(I'll just put that request on uservoice as well...)

Edit: Here we go... http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-6/suggestions/9285627-library-hierarchy-and-filtering

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 218
Scott Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 4:46 AM

I'd like to see some increased functionality in Highlighting.  For example, in my print Bible I'll often underline a phrase, verse, or passage with multiple colors to signify different things/thoughts/etc.  Could the Borders and Lines section add say just one or two more lines below the text.  If that could be done on the bottom I would think that could be done on the top and sides as well.  I understand I can do multiple highlights/underlines on a phrase, text, or passage but only one will display at a time if I've done multiple underlines.  I'd like to see them all if possible so that is why I'd like to see some additional lines available.

Posts 264
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 15 2015 9:15 AM

Scott Burke:

I'd like to see some increased functionality in Highlighting.  For example, in my print Bible I'll often underline a phrase, verse, or passage with multiple colors to signify different things/thoughts/etc.  Could the Borders and Lines section add say just one or two more lines below the text.  If that could be done on the bottom I would think that could be done on the top and sides as well.  I understand I can do multiple highlights/underlines on a phrase, text, or passage but only one will display at a time if I've done multiple underlines.  I'd like to see them all if possible so that is why I'd like to see some additional lines available.

To add to this I'd like a quick or simple default highlight option such as right-click on selected text and choose highlight. Having to open a panel, chose a highlight type is far too much clicking for such a simple function! Think the editing popup in Office.

Page 12 of 14 (279 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > | RSS