Page 5 of 5 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 88 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 408
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 1 2016 4:18 AM

Mark Barnes:

Support for Android 4.3 and below will end on February 1, 2017. This will affect a lot of e-ink e-readers.

It will indeed. Still, all is not lost! There seems to be some interest at Faithlife in developing some simplified app to enable e-ink e-reader users to read Logos resources. Even if this doesn't happen, it doesn't mean that the Logos app will suddenly stop working on e-ink devices on February 1. I have seen posts from people who still use an older version of the Logos app on their devices (maybe 4.3.9?) and they say that, even now, most resources can still be read on their apps. 

On the e-ink e-reader side, my understanding is that the hardware manufacturers would have to upgrade some components to enable e-ink devices to run Android 4.4+. Whether that will happen any time soon is another story.  

Posts 9
Taylor Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 5 2016 3:11 PM

Yes, I still really like it. Works fine for what I need. It can be a bit slow in the library, so I would recommend knowing the name of the resource you want to open and just typing it in. Otherwise, it would take forever to scroll through the library, especially if you have a large library. the backlight does not go as dim as say a kindle paperwhite, I have found that to be a bit annoying at night. On the flipside, it does get very bright. If you had any more specific questions I would be glad to try to answer them. 

Posts 17
Ryan Lanning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 8 2016 11:04 PM

Are all of your books working on the Logos app on your inkbook? Even the new books? For instance some other ereaders won't run books like Tom Schreiner's "New Testament Theology." I guess you have the "Lexham Bible Dictionary" - does that book work? That should be a good test case. 

Thanks!

Posts 5
Martin Valman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2017 1:35 AM

I am also interested in buying a e/ink reader. Is it possible to use any 9,7" or 13,3" e-ink tablet?

I have been looking on Onyx Boox N96 or Onyx Boox Max and Good e-reader 13.3. Has anyone tried them?

They seems to come with Android 4.0.4. I understand that Logos and Verbum need Android 4.1.

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2017 10:32 AM

Martin Valman:
They seems to come with Android 4.0.4. I understand that Logos and Verbum need Android 4.1.

Please see https://community.logos.com/forums/t/132764.aspx .

Posts 5
Martin Valman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2017 3:59 AM

Thank you Kevin!

Posts 408
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 16 2017 7:07 AM

There's news for those of you who have the Onyx Boox C67 (any one in this series). The latest firmware update expands the user app partition to about 700 MB. This eliminates the issue with installing/upgrading Logos/Verbum for lack of space. 

Upgrading to the new firmware is a bit more involved than usual. Here you will find the links and instructions, all on the Onyx International web site.  

The firmware still uses Android 4.2.2 - alas - but, so far, my Verbum is fine with it.   

If you click the above link, you'll find yourself on the Onyx International home page. If it's in Chinese, click the UK flag icon on the top right. Then click "support", then "firmware", then "Firmware for C67 series...factory tools". 

Posts 87
Randle Bond | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 16 2017 3:24 PM

No such luck on my artatech c67 afterglow 2

Posts 17
Ryan Lanning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 3 2018 6:30 PM

Hey Mark,

.I have an Onyx Boox C67 Carta 2.

I copy and pasted the new 1.8.2 firmware to my devices local storage like it said but it doesn't seem to recognize it.

When I click the update button from local storage I get a message "No update package available"

I have tried multiple things including unzipping the file in the local storage.

Nothing is working. Could use any advice.

Thanks.

Page 5 of 5 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS