L6: Ctrl+right-click on Library row should highlight that row, otherwise confusion ensues

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19038
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 4 2014 2:02 AM

If you have a resource selected in your Library (in grid view), then you Ctrl+right-click on another resource to choose "Hide this resource" without first clicking to select that other resource, you are in a state of confusion. The highlight remains on the previous resource, so you're not sure whether the "Hide this resource" will apply to that other resource or to this one you've just right-clicked on. It turns out it's the latter, but you sure wouldn't feel confident about that. The highlight remains on the previously selected item even after you choose "Hide this resource." I had to restart Logos to confirm what had happened. It would be much more reassuring if when you right-click on an item in the Library, that item gets highlighted.

Posts 4931
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 9:36 AM

Interesting - When I tested this out I didn't get an option to hide (6.0b Beta 1) and (6.0a SR1).

But I do agree a 'secondary click' should ipso facto undo the original selection.

Posts 11308
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 10:25 AM

That's interesting.  True for any right-click or control-right-click.  

I'd surmised earlier they were tracking MS file manager (since they re-sort after each change, mixing everything up while you're editing).  But even MS file manager holds the highlight behind the popup menu.

I wonder why the resource of interest isn't highlighted.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 19038
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 8:38 PM

Mike Binks:
Interesting - When I tested this out I didn't get an option to hide (6.0b Beta 1) and (6.0a SR1).

Sorry, Mike. I meant Ctrl+right-click (I've edited my original post). On Mac I'm not sure what that would be equivalent to. The "Hide this resource" command doesn't show up if you simply right-click. I think they wanted to make it a bit harder to find so that people wouldn't accidentally do it, since one of the most common support calls is "why can't I find such-and-such book that I know I own" and a common solution for it is to find it in Hidden resources and unhide it.

Posts 4931
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 1:01 AM

'

Rosie Perera:
Sorry, Mike. I meant Ctrl+right-click (I've edited my original post). On Mac I'm not sure what that would be equivalent to.

Hi Rosie

'Cos I have never hid a resource I didn't know either but it happens to be alt+secondary-click.

But the point is still the same...

When you move to a new item the old one should be deselected. Which it ain't.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS