Voice recognition navigation and dictation.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
Gary McPherson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 12 2014 7:38 AM

Logos 5 does not support voice recognition navigation. Does anyone know if Logos six does? I'm assuming not since when I did a search I did not find any information on it. This support is critical for people like me that need voice recognition navigation due to disabilities. If this can be added in if it's not already on the drawing board that would be great. I personally use Nuance's Dragon software which is the industry standard, as well as an additional add-on for more navigation support. Logos is the only software I have come across that has no support for either of these applications.

Posts 26051
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 12 2014 7:48 AM

Gary McPherson:
Logos 5 does not support voice recognition navigation. Does anyone know if Logos six does?

To the best of my knowledge there was no change in Logos 6 in this area

But others seem to have got Nuance software working with Logos SW in the past - https://community.logos.com/forums/p/45512/340020.aspx for example - so it would be worth outlining the issues you are having and seeing whether anyone can help resolve them.

Posts 8
Gary McPherson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 12 2014 1:26 PM

Graham,

Thank you for the reply and the link. I should have been a little bit more specific. Part of Dragon's features is the ability to navigate user interface items such as menus and buttons etc. However, it is unable to recognize any of the user interface objects and Logos. If I'm able to I'll make a quick video and post a link on here so folks can see what I'm talking about. If you use a mouse you can interface with some of the text areas with Dragon. There is no lockups or anything of that nature like is mentioned in the article you linked me to. That all appears to be working. It is simply a matter of Logos using UI objects that do not interface with accessibility software.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS