Newbie Question

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 248
Daniel Arnott | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 15 2010 1:55 PM

Hi

Struggling a bit here. I tend to jump about in Logos and before long I am miles away from the first resource I was looking at. In the box with the open resource that says the bible verse etc... I assumed you could change this. For example I was looking at Luke and then ended up reading something in Psalms. I had a Psalms bible open and wanted to change the text in one of the commentaries I had open on Luke. However when I typed it in two things happened. One the open Psalms resource vanished! and it would keep reverting back to Luke on the commentary.

Also can I just do a basic passage guide without loading up all the stuff down the side which I really dont want every time!

Thanks

Dan

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 2:00 PM

This behavior is caused by the panes being linked together (you'll see A or B next to the picture of the book's cover). This moves the panes together, when you move one resource it will move the other. To change this you need to set the link to none.

When it comes to all the stuff down the side it's automatic when starting the study from the Home page. If you want something different you will have to construct a layout and load it before typing in your Bible ref.

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 2:01 PM

Daniel Arnott:
can I just do a basic passage guide without loading up all the stuff down the side which I really dont want every time!

You might set up a custom passage guide using the steps at: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/4174.aspx 

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 248
Daniel Arnott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 2:04 PM

super quick answers! thanks very much will do as you both suggest

Thanks!

Posts 248
Daniel Arnott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 2:22 PM

One other quick question. Looked through the videos but cant find the answer. Creating a custom bible study guide is almost what I am after however there seems to be one huge ommission. How do you get it to display the bibles???

Posts 248
Daniel Arnott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 2:27 PM

I have tried the layouts option as suggested as well. I deleted all the sub sections from the side panel I did not want and then saved the layout. However when I go to load the layout it reverts back to the original

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 2:27 PM

The Bibles only open automatically if you start from the Homepage. If you want to show your custom guide at this time title it "My Passage Guide" it will then become the default guide. The downside of this is that the extra tools on the side will open that you said you didn't want. If you save a layout with your custom guide and a Bible open you can open that layout and then type your passage into the guide and if the Bible is linked to it then they will follow.

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 2:28 PM

Daniel Arnott:
How do you get it to display the bibles???

If you're asking how to get it to do a text comparison, try Tools | Text Comparison... or am I missing your question?

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 248
Daniel Arnott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 2:43 PM

Thanks. I seem to be managing with a mix of layouts and custom guides. I have set a custom guide to just display commentaries. However another issue has arisen. There are a few commentaries (some major) that do not appear in the list. Very strangely if I (by double clicking on the verse at the top) open the verse in a bible, by clicking on the small plus sign next to it I have managed to find it there. This is very confusing.

Basically should'nt all the commentaries appears with all the others?

Posts 248
Daniel Arnott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 2:45 PM

ok dont worry for now. I have recreated the guide and now they are all showing. Strange

Thanks for the help

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS