red highlight of unknown origins

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
Gregory Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 12 2014 3:51 PM

OK, as I was reading through a portion of the scriptures I noticed a block of text with a red highlight over it. I cannot find the origins of this highlight as it is not a block that I have purposely highlighted. I have checked visual filters, notes, links, etc. and I cannot determine why this segment of text is highlighted. I include a screen grab to show what I am looking at.

Granted, I am not a "power-user" so this may be something totally obvious to someone else. Please help me, I would like to get rid of this red block. Even better if I can learn why its there. Thanks.

If it matters I am using Logos 5 for Mac.

5504.logos window.tiff

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 1:52 AM

You can try this:

1. Select and right-click on the text (or whatever right-clicking is called on Macs).
  2. Then from the left, find and click on "open annotation". It should show you the file this is from. 

Alternatively, words sometimes get highlighted in blue or pink if they correspond to the search value of an open search window. Where you searching for this text?

Posts 16
Gregory Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 7:33 AM

Thanks Francis. I tried that, but there isn't a menu option for "open annotation" available when I did. Also, there aren't any open searches.

I'll keep looking around for something, but haven't found anything yet.

Also, I opened this passage in other translations of the Bible and this red highlight doesn't appear in anything else.

Posts 9488
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 7:48 AM

Do you have "Links to Open Panels" checked in the visual filters options? That's one I know uses red highlighting.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 8:24 AM

Also, if it is indeed a highlighter and not a special feature like link to open panels (as Mark suggested), you should be able to select that text and do Shift-Ctl-K (or whatever the equivalent is on a Mac) to erase the highlight. 

Posts 16
Gregory Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 8:41 AM

Mark, thanks for that tip. That took care of it. Now that leads me to wonder what open panel it was linking to. I know that you can't answer that for me. So, I'll look around and try to figure that one out.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS