Logos 6 and Yosemite

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 11
Richard Parrish | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 18 2014 5:10 PM

Anyone else having problems installing the program files on Yosemite?  After I purchased the program, I discovered that it can't load on Mac's newest operating system. Logos tells me the problem is with Apple. 

I'm not computer literate, but hopefully something can be done to install it.  Now, each time I open my Logos 5 version, it wants to install the program... but after two days of trying to load the program it's stuck at 29% complete.  Any suggestions?

Posts 1552
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 5:44 PM

That's bizarre. I've been using Logos 6 on Yosemite since before it was released to the public, without any problems. Who at Logos told you it was incompatible?

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 579
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 6:13 PM

Not compatible with OS X 10.10? That makes no sense. I have used Logos on my mac since 4. I upgraded to Yosemite while I was still on Logos 5. I now have Logos 6a S-R 5 on OS X 10.10.1. Logos 6 works just fine for me. Why you are having problems with Logos on Yosemite makes no sense to me. There are others who are currently running Logos 6 or 5 on Yosemite.

Posts 699
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 6:15 PM

Richard Parrish:

...Now, each time I open my Logos 5 version, it wants to install the program... but after two days of trying to load the program it's stuck at 29% complete.  Any suggestions?

Richard, have you seen this thread yet?  ( https://community.logos.com/forums/t/96394.aspx )

I haven't yet upgraded to L6, so I don't have any person experience yet with the problem you're describing.  I hope you get it resolved quickly.  Keep us posted!

Posts 11
Richard Parrish | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 8:05 PM

Didn't get the name, but it was someone in support. I have Logos 5 and it works fine. I purchased the upgrade to my Diamond Library to move it to Logos 6. The download does not transfer.

Posts 11
Richard Parrish | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 8:07 PM

Don't know what to say. I've got 10.10.1 version.  My Logos 5 works great. However, when I upgraded, the download does not transfer. It hangs. 

Posts 5265
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 19 2014 12:56 AM

Hi Richard,

This is bizarre! I have been running 6 on Yosemite since the betas (actually of both Logos and OS10) on one iMac and the Stable versions on a MacBook Air. Yours is an atypical situation.

I suggest that you try a twin track approach.

1. Get as far as you can with an install and then see if you have any logs you can post here for the tech folk to look through.

2. Get back onto tech support and insist on a more rational diagnosis.

Best of luck (I think one or the other of these routes will provide the solution)

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 365
Bob Soule | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 19 2014 7:34 AM

Richard Parrish:

Anyone else having problems installing the program files on Yosemite?  After I purchased the program, I discovered that it can't load on Mac's newest operating system. Logos tells me the problem is with Apple. 

I'm not computer literate, but hopefully something can be done to install it.  Now, each time I open my Logos 5 version, it wants to install the program... but after two days of trying to load the program it's stuck at 29% complete.  Any suggestions?

Like others Logos 6 has been running fine on my iMac with Yosemite.

Does the userid you are using to upgrade have admin privileges? Maybe you are having permission problems. You could restart your computer to see that helps. Also, it sounds like Logos 5 no longer works. So, as a thought, you might delete the Logos 5 program and use the email or link on logos.com under your orders to install Logos 6 instead of upgrading Logos 5. It might be a shorter path than trying to figure out why logos 5 will not upgrade to Logos 6. I would run this last option by Logos technical support first. I would not want to make your situation worse. 

Posts 447
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 19 2014 1:15 PM

Richard, your problem is NOT atypical. Do a search for "Yosemite" and you will find several threads detailing the very problem you have encountered. I had it too, starting from the infamous "massive update" Logos put out just before L6 was released. The trouble is that no one solution worked for everyone. What worked for me was this: 1) I went to Disk Utility and ran "fix permissions". That helped the download get further; 2) I stopped the download of upgraded resources as soon as the counter froze (say, at 29%), then restarted Logos. Then it would download some more until freezing again. Finally, I found that the latest L6 updates have fixed the problem for me. But not all have been so fortunate.  Check out the threads and you'll find several possible fixes.  

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS