Increasing difficulty copying text and images

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 25
Nick Bartol | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 21 2014 6:25 AM

I am experiencing increasing difficulty copying text with images.

A number of years ago, all one did was to select the section of the article containing both text and images, execute a control c (^c, flush to buffer), move to the target document, e.g. Word, execute a control v (^v, retrieve from buffer) and the selection appeared in the target as intended.

A while later the approach no longer worked as it only brought over the text, the images mysteriously got lost.  So, one had to individually select each image, ^c, ^v them across.

The next stage was that ^c no longer worked.  One had to right click each image with the mouse and then choose copy (a slower process than ^c) and then ^v them into the target.

With Logos 6 we have reached new levels of dysfunctionality.  Now right clicking the image and choosing copy no longer flushes to the copy buffer!  Instead, one must choose save as, save the image as a .png file.  Open windows explorer, open up the .png file in Windows Photo Viewer, ^c and finally ^v it into the target.

What is going on here?  I am not sending these copies to the world but using them only for my personal categorization needs.  Do I need to go back to paper books or Logos 4 or go to Accordance?  When I purchased this my library (now the total cost runs nearly $15,000) I had certain expectations about the usefulness of that library but this seems to be declining each year.  Is this not a reneging on our original deal?  Will I be receiving discount checks for the reduced functionality on every book I have purchased over this period?

Posts 26051
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 21 2014 6:49 AM

Nick Bartol:
Now right clicking the image and choosing copy no longer flushes to the copy buffer!  Instead, one must choose save as, save the image as a .png file.  Open windows explorer, open up the .png file in Windows Photo Viewer, ^c and finally ^v it into the target.

I don't see this behaviour

If I right-click, select "Image" and Copy then I can paste the image into a document.

Can you give a specific example where you are seeing this?

Posts 25
Nick Bartol | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 21 2014 7:58 AM

Graham,

Thanks for your suggestion which does, in fact, work.  It never occurred to me that one would have to click TWO locations to accomplish a single copy.  After all, the source was already specified by the selection operation.  Why specify the type of copy twice?  This is, in my opinion, as a former programmer, poor systems analysis/coding.  The goal of a programmer is to require the least amount of input from the user as possible.  Again, thanks for your input but I still believe that Logos needs to address the increasing inconvenience.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 22 2014 6:12 AM

Nick Bartol:

A number of years ago, all one did was to select the section of the article containing both text and images, execute a control c (^c, flush to buffer), move to the target document, e.g. Word, execute a control v (^v, retrieve from buffer) and the selection appeared in the target as intended.

A while later the approach no longer worked as it only brought over the text, the images mysteriously got lost.  So, one had to individually select each image, ^c, ^v them across.

Logos 6.0b Beta 3 using selection, ^c in Logos and ^v in Word 2010 lacks image in selection:

Print article with "Copy to Clipboard" includes image when pasted:

Using Print/Export, the image is larger in Word 2010 (compared to right click image, copy, and paste)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 25
Nick Bartol | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 22 2014 7:21 AM

Ok, I have tried this out in a number of ways and it seems to work quite well (selection, click, article, etc).  It would appear that the means of accomplishing the copy changed but the capability to do so did not.  I kept on with the old approach with weaker and weaker results but there was a good way of doing things of which I was unaware.  I have now included this in my notes so as to not forget and I am a happy camper!

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS