BUG: *Verbum* 6 Passage Guide Problem

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5192
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 27 2014 6:03 AM

In Verbum 5, I had automatically-curated Collections called Catechism, Church Documents, and Church Fathers. These could be searched in directly and added or subtracted from various Guides. This was wonderful and influenced my decision to buy a Verbum 5 base package.

In Verbum 6, I can still search in them directly and they remain in my custom My Passage Guide, but I can no longer add them to new Guides that I am creating from scratch. This is, for me, a terrible thing. Please fix it.

Posts 32109
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 1:56 PM

I just tested a Verbum default Passage Guide which automatically includes these three sections at the bottom. I confirmed that in the Verbum default Exegetical Guide these Collections are not accessible from either the Add section menu or the Settings option of the Collection section. Definitely a serious bug

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5192
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 4:01 PM

Thank you for verifying that it's not just me.

Posts 489
LogosEmployee
Louis St. Hilaire | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 29 2014 8:54 AM

The Catechism, Church Documents and Church Fathers sections are just normal "Collections" sections, so to add them to a guide, select "Collections" and set the collection to one of these curated collections. (It's the same in 5.)

Posts 32109
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 29 2014 12:35 PM

Good try at an answer Lou - did you try it? The complaint is that the collections are not available for selection ... or at least I keep not seeing them. I am on Verbum 6.0b Beta 36.0.2.0031

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 489
LogosEmployee
Louis St. Hilaire | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 29 2014 1:31 PM

MJ. Smith:
Good try at an answer Lou - did you try it? The complaint is that the collections are not available for selection ... or at least I keep not seeing them. I am on Verbum 6.0b Beta 36.0.2.0031

Ah, sorry, I didn't read the end of your post closely enough and check that. I'll report this as a bug.

Thanks.

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 13 2015 4:24 AM

This is reported as fixed in 6.0b RC2.

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 13 2015 6:18 AM

Mark Barnes:

Thank goodness.....

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 2:07 PM

Mark Barnes:

6.0b is now available for stable users, including this fix.

Posts 5192
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 17 2015 5:54 PM

Thank you very much!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS