Logos Bible Software 4 has stopped working.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Andrew Smith Jr | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 27 2014 10:08 PM

When I attempt to open logos, I get the following message: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. After which, I click the close program button and the program closes- see attachment for picture of error message..

4150.Logos error message.doc

Posts 24660
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 28 2014 12:06 AM

Hi Andrew - and welcome to the forums

Sorry to hear you are having problems

Please enable diagnostic logging and post logs in a reply to this thread after attempting to start Logos - details at https://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging 

And is there any reason you haven't upgraded to Logos 5? The core engine is available for free.

Graham

Posts 4
Andrew Smith Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 28 2014 5:50 AM

Graham,

Thanks for responding. Attached are my log files. As soon as I get my system up and running I will upgrade to Logos 5. Thanks for your help.

Andrew1067.Logs.zip

Posts 24660
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 28 2014 7:15 AM

Hi Andrew

From your logs, you have one (or two) corrupt database files. These will need to be deleted and they will then be recreated by the Logos software

Unfortunately, I can't determine which files they are. Hopefully someone with more expertise than me in reading logs will see this thread and be able to advise further

Graham

Posts 4
Andrew Smith Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 28 2014 3:43 PM

Thanks!

Posts 4
Andrew Smith Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 28 2014 8:36 PM

Graham,

I tried the upgrade to Logos 5 which you recommended and it seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for all your help.

God Bless,

Andrew

Posts 24660
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 28 2014 11:05 PM

Hi Andrew

Andrew Smith Jr:
I tried the upgrade to Logos 5 which you recommended and it seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for all your help.

That is great news

Thanks for posting back, Graham

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS