Please can select PB Bible at the Preferred Bible menu.

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 54
Joh | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 31 2014 4:05 AM

Because, Korean Bible was not provided in Logos, and I was making into PB Korean Bible to use in L5.

But at L6, I can't set PB Korean Bible to the preferred bible. That's so regret as Korean user.

Add on, ofen the PB Korean Bible, it's not supposed to line up. In Note menu, korean writing too.

Posts 32471
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 10:50 AM

Have you tried setting it as your highest priority in the library panel?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 54
Joh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 3:02 PM

Hi, MJ

Of course. I used like that in L5.

Anyway, because of being in trouble, I cheaked the Preferred Bible list in L6, PB Korean Bible was omitted.

Thank you. I appreciate your concern.

Posts 5346
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 3:09 PM

Yongmok Joh:
But at L6, I can't set PB Korean Bible to the preferred bible.

I suggest that you edit your original post so that the title of this thread will read: BUG: Please can select PB Bible at the Preferred Bible menu.

Faithlife is likely to see this thread even faster if the title begins with BUG:

Posts 26677
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 3:09 PM

Yongmok Joh:
I cheaked the Preferred Bible list in L6, PB Korean Bible was omitted

Can you explain what you mean by "cheaked"? Does the bible appear in a list of bibles in Bible Search?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 54
Joh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 3:10 PM

Yongmok Joh:

Because, Korean Bible was not provided in Logos, and I was making into PB Korean Bible to use in L5.

But at L6, I can't set PB Korean Bible to the preferred bible. That's so regret as Korean user.

Add on, ofen the PB Korean Bible, it's not supposed to line up. In Note menu, korean writing too.

Posts 54
Joh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 3:14 PM

Oops, That's a typing error. sorry.

"I checked the list"

Thankyou.

Posts 19251
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 3:16 PM

Did you make sure to set it as type "Bible" in the PB tool when you built it? I am able to set my Preferred Bible as a PB Bible.

Posts 54
Joh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 3:17 PM

of course, Thankyou.

Posts 19251
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 3:20 PM

Yongmok Joh:

of course, Thankyou.

Do you mean "Of course I did"? Or "Of course, I should have thought of that. You've helped me figure out what was wrong"?

I hope that did the trick.

Posts 54
Joh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 3:25 PM

Of course, I did that.

thanks.

Posts 54
Joh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 3:30 PM

Thankyou, sine. that's a Good suggestion. but I don't know to edit headline.

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 3:35 PM

If your personal book document doesn't have any copyright restrictions on sharing, please upload the .docx file and I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 19251
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 3:36 PM

SineNomine:
I suggest that you edit your original post so that the title of this thread will read: BUG: Please can select PB Bible at the Preferred Bible menu.

But we don't yet know that it's a bug. I have shown that I am able to select a PB Bible as the Preferred Bible. We need to narrow down what is happening and why. Maybe it has to do with the fact that it's a PB Bible in a foreign character set, but I am not sure. I don't have any such PB on my machine to test it with. Does anyone else? Or Yongmok Joh can you share your .docx file with us and see if others can reproduce the problem on their machines? [EDIT: I see that Dylan has already responded suggesting this.]

Or maybe it is a version-specific problem. Yongmok Joh, please tell us are you using the Mac version or Windows, and which release of L6 is it?

I'm working on tracking down a reproducible case of what appears to be a bug where I sometimes can't change the Preferred Bible after I've already changed it once or twice. I'll start a new thread with that once I get it figured out, so that might be the problem here too, if Yongmok Joh has been playing around with that radio button and selected different things before the PB.

Yongmok Joh:

Thankyou, sine. that's a Good suggestion. but I don't know to edit headline.

If you need to edit it (which we aren't sure yet), you can do it by selecting "Edit" from the "More" dropdown menu next to your post. This option is only available for the first few hours (10, I think) after you make a post.

Posts 54
Joh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 3:57 PM

Hi Dylan.

It is appreciated but for sharing a file, the copyright issue can happen.

Thank you.

Posts 54
Joh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 4:04 PM

Rosie,

I'm in win 8.1 and L6. I used well in win 8.1, L5.

I Thank for the thoughtful interest.

Posts 19251
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 7:39 PM

Dylan Rondeau:

If your personal book document doesn't have any copyright restrictions on sharing, please upload the .docx file and I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.

Dylan, I thought that usually Faithlife can work on a problem that happens only in a certain document even if there are copyright issues, by having the user email the document to logosbugs@logos.com (with the understanding that it's only for debugging purposes and will be deleted afterwards). I've been asked to do that before, and it doesn't go against my conscience. Otherwise, there might be no way you could help Yongmok Joh with his issue. Do you think you could do that for him? And Yongmok Joh, would you be OK with sharing the document that way?

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 7 2015 11:56 AM

Rosie Perera:

Dylan Rondeau:

Dylan, I thought that usually Faithlife can work on a problem that happens only in a certain document even if there are copyright issues, by having the user email the document to logosbugs@logos.com (with the understanding that it's only for debugging purposes and will be deleted afterwards). I've been asked to do that before, and it doesn't go against my conscience. Otherwise, there might be no way you could help Yongmok Joh with his issue. Do you think you could do that for him? And Yongmok Joh, would you be OK with sharing the document that way?

Sorry Rosie and Joh, I didn't see this post right away. Yes, that is an option. 

Joh, if you are willing to send the .docx file to logosbugs@logos.com for the express purpose of diagnosing this issue, I can assure you that once it's been tested the document will be deleted and not used for any other purpose. Without the document, I'm not sure what else I can do.

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 9 2015 10:23 AM

Joh:

Rosie,

Joh, I received your email and I was able to set the Korean Bible PB as my preferred Bible. However, I did have to close and reopen Logos for the PB to appear in the list for Preferred Bibles.

I would recommend:

1. Restart Logos 6, and see if the PB appears in "Choose Preferred Bible"
  2. If that doesn't work, I would try rebuilding the PB, and then restart. Ensure that Type:Bible and Language:Korean are set.

Note that I also built the PB with the actual Korean title (to verify the language difference wasn't interfering) and it also worked correctly after a restart. I blacked out the document name in my screenshot just to be absolutely sure I avoided any copyright issues.

Let us know if you're still having this problem, and I'll see if I can find any other possible solutions.

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 9 2015 10:23 AM

Joh:

Rosie,

Joh, I received your email and I was able to set the Korean Bible PB as my preferred Bible. However, I did have to close and reopen Logos for the PB to appear in the list for Preferred Bibles.

I would recommend:

1. Restart Logos 6, and see if the PB appears in "Choose Preferred Bible"
  2. If that doesn't work, I would try rebuilding the PB, and then restart. Ensure that Type:Bible and Language:Korean are set.

Note that I also built the PB with the actual Korean title (to verify the language difference wasn't interfering) and it also worked correctly after a restart. I blacked out the document name in my screenshot just to be absolutely sure I avoided any copyright issues.

Let us know if you're still having this problem, and I'll see if I can find any other possible solutions.

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS