Categorization of Passages with Notes

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 8 2015 9:29 AM

Hello all, I am trying to do a read-through of the Bible quickly to identify every passage which has a bearing on leader training/discipleship (closely linked so I am doing them together, but somewhat distinct for my purposes). I have been using a notes document and color coding my highlights for sorting (with a quick comment to job my memory about the connection I see), but I was wondering if anyone has any better ideas before I get past Genesis and am too invested in my methodology to change. I am curious how tags might work, or if clippings (which I find myself using more than Notes) might be better. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 8 2015 4:58 PM

You might want to look into using Labels (https://community.logos.com/forums/t/92624.aspx)

If attached to a Bible reference they show up in every Bible version just like notes. And they can be easily searched to compile the passages that you have labeled as dealing with the subject at hand etc.

Edit:
Here is a helpful video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi5Yy-sw9S0&index=22&list=PLXkjd_l1xkSQ5fM605M-F5xikKNGBdPvj 

Edit 2:
Since Labels work like a highlighter they only show up in the Bible version you create them for Sad

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 10 2015 3:45 PM

Thank you. I am afraid I will have to stick with notes. Tying to a particular translation is not really going to make me happy. 

Posts 24774
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 10 2015 11:13 PM

Justin Gatlin:
Tying to a particular translation is not really going to make me happy. 

I just wanted to check this with you.

In your original post you talked about using highlights. That suggests you are creating notes "by selection" which this doesn't span translations.

Just wanted to ensure this wasn't going to be an issue for you.

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 8:59 PM

Graham Criddle:

Justin Gatlin:
Tying to a particular translation is not really going to make me happy. 

I just wanted to check this with you.

In your original post you talked about using highlights. That suggests you are creating notes "by selection" which this doesn't span translations.

Just wanted to ensure this wasn't going to be an issue for you.

I'm sorry it took me so long to see this and thank you. Yes, I was using highlights in my preferred translation, and then making notes separately, but I did accidentally lose a few notes by failing to follow this procedure. Thank you for your help.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS