Crash while syncing data

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4
Paul Hanna | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 14 2015 7:40 AM

0361.Logos Log Files.zip

Hi,

I recently bought a logos 6 crossgrade. When I start the software, the 'synchronising' popup shows and eventually freezes. Then I get the message "Logos Bible Software has stopped working". I've attached my log files.

Update:I got this working by running logos in vista compatibility mode.

Thanks

Posts 9094
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 10:46 AM

Do you have Lavasoft Web Companion installed? That product is incompatible with Logos 6. If not, posting crash reports from the Windows Event Viewer may help identify the problem.

Paul Hanna:
Update:I got this working by running logos in vista compatibility mode.

We strongly discourage the use of Compatibility Mode with Logos 6; it is designed to run without compatibility settings.

Posts 4
Paul Hanna | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 4:27 PM

Even with compatibility settings I'm no longer able to run logos 6.

I don't have that installed. I had a quick peek at the event viewer and it seems there is a problem with .net runtime not handling an exception. I will reinstall the .net framework and try again.

Update: As I'm running windows 8.1, I could only turn off, restart and turn back on the .net framework. I'm still having the same issue.

Second Update: The exception was caused by a faulty module in C:\windows\SYSTEM32\vorbis.acm which seems to be an audio codec. I updated it and now logos is running without compatibility settings.

Thanks

Posts 9094
LogosEmployee

Paul Hanna:
I had a quick peek at the event viewer and it seems there is a problem with .net runtime not handling an exception.

Can you paste the details of that exception here?

Posts 4
Paul Hanna | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 4:47 PM

I've resolved the issue (see the second update), would you still like me to post the exception?

Posts 9094
LogosEmployee

No, that's unnecessary now.

vorbis.acm is often installed with FL Studio and is known to be incompatible with Logos 6. Deleting the file fixes Logos (and doesn't seem to impact FL Studio at all).

Posts 4
Paul Hanna | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 4:55 PM

I see. Yes, I had recently installed FL studio.

Thanks for your help Bradley

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS