BUG or FEATURE? L6-RC2-Copying Picks Up Certain Highlights

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1901
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 14 2015 8:33 AM

I don't remember if Logos did this before, but when I copy a passage with text highlighting (i.e., it inserts text, in my case, numbers) the numbers are copied and pasted. Is this a bug (I hope) or a new feature?

Posts 29474
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 10:25 AM

Where did you paste this?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1901
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 10:35 AM

Screenshot is from Pages, but it does it in Textedit, Notes...I don't have Word, can you duplicate?

Posts 29474
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 11:19 AM

Integ:
Screenshot is from Pages, but it does it in Textedit, Notes...

Interesting. For others who come along later, it would be good to point out that you are using a Mac. 

You wrote "highlights," and indeed you are using a "highlighting style" within Logos, but it is the numbered list which is being picked up, right? I assume no actual "highlights" are, right? 

It is funny that you hope this is a bug (I probably would too). There are many users who demand this feature and expect it. My guess? I think the numbered list is recognized by these apps whereas the highlighting is not. Do you know that this did not work in the past?

Posts 29474
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 11:32 AM

Integ:
I don't have Word, can you duplicate?

I don't appear to have any numbered lists in my pallets. I tried several different "highlighting styles," including ones which would be condensed more "normal" typographical elements (such as brackets). I found that brackets did carry over, as did a question mark. Those carried over in both Pages and Word. The latter, however, also carried over ALL CAPS, whereas Pages did not.

It <seems> to me that this has been the behavior all along. I would assume that if you temporarily hide the note file from being displayed while you copy the text, you could avoid the carry over. (I forgot to check before I deleted the highlights... and I have to run out to take care of my kids now).

Posts 32535
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 5:58 PM

I seem to remember a change (perhaps with L6?) that allowed for highlighting that fit into normal Word text being retained - "art" type not being preserved; pdf's retain all highlighting.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS