What's up???

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 40
Marshall T Barth Jr | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 14 2015 9:12 AM

with L6, highlighting or cutting and pasting now have very little control over what you get. If I try to "C+P" only a section of a verse or sentence, it wants to constantly grace me with far more. This is very unproductive, to say the least and very frustrating. Especially if one want to share these with "Visual Copy". They tend to be paragraphs, instead of sentences!!!

Also, yesterday I purchased a book and have restarted several times, still no download. This morning I've grabbed several of the "free book" offers, restarted, again several times and still none of these(including yesterday's) have downloaded !!!

What's up ???

Posts 12103
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 9:16 AM

You probably want to turn off "Smart Selection" in the System Preferences.

Also, command "update resources" will fix the other issue most probably.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 40
Marshall T Barth Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 9:41 AM

Ok, now if only I could find either of the first two!?! I go into "Tools" menu (and actually all them) I find "Program Settings" but no where can I find "System Preferences" or "Smart Selection"

I've not tried the second part yet :{)))

Posts 1925
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 9:46 AM

"Program Settings" is what you want, scroll down until you get to the "Text Display" section.

You can also override the smart selection temporarily by holding down ALT/Option when you are selecting the text.

Posts 40
Marshall T Barth Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 9:49 AM

thanks, finally found it, dah :{))) 

Posts 12103
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 9:53 AM

my bad, I should have double checked instead of just typing from the top of my head. It is Tools / Program Settings and there in the section on Text Display the 8th configuration item: Smart Text Selection Yes/No  (marked with red line below)

The other one is, as I wrote, a command. These are input into the command field in the top middle of the Logos screen, marked yellow:

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 40
Marshall T Barth Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 9:55 AM

thanks, I ended up finding it and took care of the setting, now working on getting things updated GOD bless !!!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS