Text Selection in Logos 6 for Mac

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Ed Wandling | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 22 2015 7:52 AM

I upgraded to Logos 6 for Mac (OS X Yosemite 10.10.1) this week and am now having trouble selecting text. I start selecting text, and the program selects text for me well beyond what I had wanted to select. Sometimes that is text before and after what I've selected, but most often it selects text following where I stop selecting text. I thought it might have something to do with the "smart text selection" setting, but changing that had no impact. 

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 22 2015 8:15 AM

Ed

Welcome to the forums.

There is indeed a way of fixing this. It's in Logos Settings which can be opened either by clicking Logos on the Mac Menu Bar and selecting Preferences or opening from within Logos|Tools|Settings

Either way, once Settings are open, scroll down to Text Display and turn Smart Text Selection to No. That should fix it.

See screenshot:

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 3
Ed Wandling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 22 2015 8:28 AM

Alan,

Thanks for the response. This is something I already tried, and it did not fix the problem. I tried it again, even going as far as exiting the program and re-opening it, and it did not fix the problem.

Any other ideas?

Posts 607
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 22 2015 10:29 AM

Are you having the problem reported here? https://community.logos.com/forums/t/99348.aspx

I presented a work around in that thread (disable "Links to open panels" visual filter). We are working on a fix.

Posts 3
Ed Wandling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 22 2015 11:56 AM
Yes. It is the same problem. Previously I said turning off the "smart text selection" feature did not fix the problem. At first, it didn't seem to, but I left it off anyway. I just ran a few tests, and it seems to be working correctly now. I want to give this a few days before I say this definitely fixed the problem, but I'm hopeful. Thanks for your help.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS