Handling of highlighting / "notes" Documents

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 69
Thomas Zimmermann | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 22 2015 1:44 PM

Dear Community,

I was wondering which approach would be better for highlighting:

1. use the existing palettes for every highlighting you want to do or
  2. create a new palette with a new note document as save-in place to do highlighting in distinct groups of books.

2 Years ago (or so) I read the recommendation to create new palettes for different books or groups of books. I think it was to increase the performance of the Software.

Is this still true? I am wondering because now I have already quite some notes and palettes, filling up space...

What is your opinion?

Blessings,

Thomas

user since Logos 4

Posts 27770
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 22 2015 1:54 PM

Thomas Zimmermann:
2 Years ago (or so) I read the recommendation to create new palettes for different books or groups of books. I think it was to increase the performance of the Software.

Creating new palettes for each book seems... to not be a smart idea. I think you misunderstood. I hope. Rather, creating new note document files for each book... that accomplishes the same thing without having a billion pallets to wade through. 

Do you know that you can change the behavior of how notes are stored? By default, notes go into a note document named for the palette... but you don't have to use that behavior. Instead, you can use a "sticky" method so that notes go into the "last used" note document.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 69
Thomas Zimmermann | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 23 2015 12:59 AM

Ok, thank you for the clarification. Now I think I understand how it works!

However, when I now try to delete the duplicated palettes I don't really need Logos says "x styles are in use". When I look into the different notes I can see them pointing to the palettes I've created, of course. I can manually chose another style from the default palettes, but that is rather... much work if I have to do this for every single note inside the notes documents.

Is there a way to change the style of notes quicker, as in batch mode or do I have to wade through all of my highlighted passages again?

Thanks and blessings from Germany,

Thomas

user since Logos 4

Posts 21979
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 23 2015 1:14 AM

Thomas Zimmermann:
Is there a way to change the style of notes quicker, as in batch mode or do I have to wade through all of my highlighted passages again?

Sorry, I'm afraid it is a manual process

Posts 30
Jacques | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 23 2015 1:30 AM

Graham Criddle:

Thomas Zimmermann:

Sorry, I'm afraid it is a manual process

No sure I understand correctly, but it is possible to bulk change a specific style to another. Right-click on the style and choose Restyle Annotations.

I'm aware that the notes are not moved between the different note documents - that is unfortunately a manual task 

Posts 21979
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 23 2015 1:57 AM

Jacques:
No sure I understand correctly, but it is possible to bulk change a specific style to another. Right-click on the style and choose Restyle Annotations.

You are correct.

Apologies, I think I misunderstood the original question.

Posts 69
Thomas Zimmermann | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 23 2015 10:50 AM

Jacques:

I'm aware that the notes are not moved between the different note documents - that is unfortunately a manual task 

You, Sir, are my personal hero for this day. You saved me a lot of time!

Blessings from Germany,

Thomas

user since Logos 4

Posts 27770
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 23 2015 11:07 AM

Thomas Zimmermann:
You saved me a lot of time!

Me too! Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS