Page 3 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 45 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 1
Bob Schwerdt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2016 7:34 AM

Since i see you work for Faithlife, can you tell us if there is any plan to allow resources to be saved to SD card? Most of my use is tablet  based now days, and if I need to worry about internal storage, I'll  need to stop buying resources....

I love Logos, but am finding it difficult to use effectively as I used to.

Posts 5249
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2016 9:01 AM

I cannot speak for FL but it has been pointed out on several occasions that the staffing levels have been greatly reduced and while I do not know for sure what that means for many requested features I do know that several times it has been said this or that planned feature is not longer feasible due to smaller numbers of employees. There are dozens of improvements I would love to see on the mobile apps but I have resigned myself to no serious improvement or new features... I may well be surprised but doubt it as FL seems very content to building tighter and tighter integration with the web... Indeed in the future maybe the only mobile app FL will have is the web app (hope not but who knows).

-Dan

Posts 97
Paul Unger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 20 2016 8:26 AM

Bob Schwerdt:

Since i see you work for Faithlife, can you tell us if there is any plan to allow resources to be saved to SD card? Most of my use is tablet  based now days, and if I need to worry about internal storage, I'll  need to stop buying resources....

I love Logos, but am finding it difficult to use effectively as I used to.

You might try following the instructions recently posted here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/129132.aspx. As I mentioned earlier in this thread I was able to move Logos to my SD card by going:

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications, select Bible from the list > Move to SD card

Hope you get it figured out!

Posts 4
Mao Cheng Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 16 2017 11:21 PM

There is a very easy way to force Logos app to show the option to store resources in SD Card.

1) Activate Developers Option by going to Settings > About Device > Software Info > tap on Build Number until Developers Mode is turned on.

2) Once step 1 is completed, go out to Settings. You'll see Developer Option now available.

3) Go into Developer Option > Scroll to the end > Turn on "Force allow apps on external"

4) Go out to Settings > Apps > Bible (Logos) > Storage > change to "External Storage" under Storage used.

Done!

Posts 3
Louis A. Burgess | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 31 2017 10:44 AM

Hello, Kevin!

Faith Life support of rooted devices is, understandably, a terminal issue, as is the case with the majority of reputable developers. However, the inability of the user to have the MAJORITY of his resources available in an offline mobile format--given the fact that we now have SD Cards that are at least 128G--doesn't seem to be a justifiable ministry posture. The technological architecture of current mobile devices, as well as the cutting edge advancements of Faith Life Software, definitely militate in favor of providing the user with optimal offline mobile accessibility. The desire for this functionality dates back to at least 2013. Also, many Faith Life users have made significant investments into this valuable resource. I guess my concern is whether or not Faith Life would be willing to invest in us by providing this simple and much needed functionality.

Sincerely,

Louis 

Posts 3
Louis A. Burgess | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 31 2017 11:25 AM

My question, given your instructions on how to access the Developer Option protocols, is whether or not your resources are being saved on the internal storage or external storage (SD card)?

Page 3 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS