Taking Notes...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1145
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 25 2015 4:16 PM

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to include the entire highlighted portion in each note which I highlight. It seems that the iPad does this but on mac I get the beginning and end of each quote.

Is there some setting I can adjust to prevent the abbreviation?

The way I would really like to take notes is to highlight a portion of text. Have that kept in my note and then write a comment. I know that this can be done with clippings but I don't really understand why clippings and notes exist as different documents. The disadvantage with clippings is they don't show in the text.

Thanks,

John

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 1145
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 25 2015 4:43 PM

https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-6/suggestions/6811070--quotes-view-in-notes-my-own-comments-below

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 29494
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 25 2015 6:16 PM

John Goodman:
I'm looking for a way to include the entire highlighted portion in each note which I highlight. It seems that the iPad does this but on mac I get the beginning and end of each quote.

L6 now has a "quotes" view for the note document. Click on "quotes"

John Goodman:
The way I would really like to take notes is to highlight a portion of text. Have that kept in my note and then write a comment.

That isnt currently possible.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2983
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 25 2015 6:35 PM

John Goodman:

Hi,

Is there some setting I can adjust to prevent the abbreviation?

The way I would really like to take notes is to highlight a portion of text. Have that kept in my note and then write a comment. I know that this can be done with clippings but I don't really understand why clippings and notes exist as different documents. The disadvantage with clippings is they don't show in the text.

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

I'm working from a Windows 7 environment so I was initially reluctant to respond to your question. But, I think you will be able to reckon the necessary adaptations when called for. I am able to meet all of your requirements with the present functionality. First, if you highlight the field you have interest in including in your note, then right clicking to bring up the pop-up. You must then select copy from the left menu. You must then right click again as the pop-up disappears upon your initial action.

You then find your note selection and select add a note to this file document. The document will open and the Title field will populate with the caption as you describe. Now the following is where I think the answer to your question lies. Left click under the Title field, this will present the Content field, this is where you execute your paste and the entire highlighted section should now carry to this field.

You may now enter a comment wherever you like. If you don't like the Title entry you may edit it. If you hover over the extreme right of the Title field a downward triangle will present, if you select this you will find that it offers a number of options for you to modify your note.

As for what shows on hovering over your note selection, I include a screenshot to demonstrate that the entire content caption is displayed along with your comment. For example purposes, I've included a simple comment, but your comment may be as detailed as you desire (the red arrows show the simple comment).

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.4

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS