Personal Books with Apple Pages?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 53
Matt Robertson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 25 2015 7:00 PM

Hello, I'm trying to put in a sermon as a Personal Book for future reference.  However, I'm on a Mac, and I don't have Word.  I do have Apple Pages, which exports in .docx format.  I'm able to get the book in Logos just fine, but it isn't showing up in the Passage Guide under sermons.  I tried pasting that table with things like Sermon File Type, Passages, Topics, Tags etc. into the Header, but it hasn't changed anything.

Can anyone who uses Pages help me to get my book to integrate more fully into Logos?

Thank you,

Matt

Posts 30042
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 25 2015 7:25 PM

I don't think your question has anything to do with Mac or Pages. The heart of your question is "how do I get my sermons to show up in the passage guide." Right? (I don't know the answer, but just wanted to help clarify).

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 53
Matt Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 26 2015 3:19 AM

Yes, mostly.  However, I am well accustomed to third-party apps like Logos not having feature parity between Microsoft and Apple's flagship apps.  So, really, at its heart, my question says something like this: "Am I really going to miss out on another cool thing because I don't have Word (or Windows, or insert software here)?"

Posts 12239
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 26 2015 3:34 AM

Matt Robertson:

Yes, mostly.  However, I am well accustomed to third-party apps like Logos not having feature parity between Microsoft and Apple's flagship apps.

Logos does (Mac users being a very vocal minority here), at least until Apple breaks one of their flagship apps again.

Matt Robertson:

So, really, at its heart, my question says something like this: "Am I really going to miss out on another cool thing because I don't have Word (or Windows, or insert software here)?"

I read your first post as that even though you don't have Word, your word processor can write docx format and you succeeded in building PBs, right? So it doesn't seem your choice of OS and application had negative consequences on the use of Logos. 

However, the question remains how to work with your sermon PB so you achieve "the cool thing" - which to me seems OS independent. I personally don't know which tagging available for PBs leads to which inclusion for what guide. I've read on the forum that even Logos-built sermon resources not always come up in some sections of the PG, so people are advised to e.g. put them into collections and/or create a modified PG template to make sure everything they want to include is included in spite of incomplete tagging. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS