Logos Providing Consultant Services to Accordance (yes, joking)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 26 2015 1:54 PM

You KNOW I can't resist a smile.

Yesterday night, Accordance sent me an email about their unbelievably great sale.  It had a book I definitely wanted, so I took the bait.  Then they said the sale ended today.   Whoa!  I hurriedly purchased, since who knows ... the next sale might end yesterday.

Then I noticed on the same email, their new version was out.  It said I should update at the earliest opportunity, providing a download link.  Well, ok.  I don't use Accordance (PC), but maybe the older one might die.  Better update.  I did; it installed.  Then I clicked on the icon to see what was new .... it said I wasn't authorized.  Apparently they want 'money'.  I have to buy something (but not my new book). Of course my old Accordance is now gone.  Thanks, Accordance!  I uninstalled the new one.  Done.  Now, no Accordance.

Then today I got home to see the Logos 'warning' email, that they're about to ship a pre-pub.  Today.  And the shipment email too.  I laughed.  I guess it all just runs in the Bible software family.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 26 2015 2:31 PM

OK, I'm feeling guilty.  So I'll do some advertisement for Logos.  That'd be the Bible Technology Conference coming up in Seattle.  Check it out.  Below, are the presenters (yes, that's LaRosa).

Now, instead of 'where's Waldo' .... 'where's Rick'??   (Opera's rendition of the Logos site).

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS