Page 1 of 3 (54 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 53 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 94
Jonathan Griffiths | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 6 2015 3:13 PM

I'm sitting in a coffee shop and feeling slightly delirious - web app!! WEB APP!!! 

I've given up hauling my old laptop around, but I've been frustrated with the remote connection from my Chromebook. And when the potential of buying an ultrabook was decimated by the need to replace my roof, I was unsure what the next plan was.

So when I stumbled across this new board, and the found the Web App access, I jumped right in. So, two questions:

1) Will Web App access be exclusive to Logos Now users?

2) Do we have an ETA on when the various Tools, Guides, and layouts will be implemented?

This just made my day. 

L5 on Lenovo Thinkpad, i5, windows 7 pro | Logos App on Samsung Galaxy S3 | Logos App on tablet soon

Posts 24847
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 4:01 PM

Jonathan Griffiths:

Yes  - see https://www.logos.com/product/50138/logos-now

Jonathan Griffiths:
2) Do we have an ETA on when the various Tools, Guides, and layouts will be implemented?

Not sure about the specifics you mention but new features will be introduced on a 6 weekly cycle.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 4:27 PM

Here is the link. https://www.logos.com/logos-now?utm_expid=88677505-71.evOetIj6QgiFCeR-OMqocA.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.logos.com%2Fcart 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 27551
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 4:55 PM

Dave Hooton:

Jonathan Griffiths:

Not sure about the specifics you mention but new features will be introduced on a 6 weekly cycle.

For clarification: I don't think Dave means to suggest that new features will be introduced in the WEB APP every 6 weeks... or do you? It is my understanding that Faithlife will be moving to a 6 week cycle for the desktop app.

It is my understanding that new features will be added to the web app, but no time lines have been given. I think the goal is to make the web app experience as close to the desktop app as possible... New features will be added as they are ready.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1811
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 5:20 PM

alabama24:

Dave Hooton:

Jonathan Griffiths:

For clarification: I don't think Dave means to suggest that new features will be introduced in the WEB APP every 6 weeks... or do you? It is my understanding that Faithlife will be moving to a 6 week cycle for the desktop app.

It is my understanding that new features will be added to the web app, but no time lines have been given. I think the goal is to make the web app experience as close to the desktop app as possible... New features will be added as they are ready.

Correct. The six-week release schedule is for the desktop app. The web app will get updates as soon as they are ready.

Posts 1811
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 5:22 PM

Jonathan Griffiths:

Not yet. As fast as possible. :)

Here are some of the current items in our queue:

1. Passage Guide
  2. Factbook
  3. Context menu
  4. Basic Search
  5. Bible Search
  6. Notes
  7. Information Panel
  8. Highlights
  9. Exegetical Guide
  10. Bible Word Study Guide
  11. Topic Guide
  12. Sermon Starter Guide
  13. Atlas
  14. Timeline
  15. Documents
  16. Layouts
  17. Interactives
  18. Visual Copy
  19. Concordance

This is tentative. Priorities are subject to change.

Posts 94
Jonathan Griffiths | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 5:29 PM

Thanks, Phil. I'm really excited about this development plan. Seriously, this is something I've wanted for a LONG time, and I know I'm not alone. I also understand leveraging the exclusivity of Logos Now data/early access in order to increase the Web App and Mobile App dev potential. Good to see you guys continuing to innovate. And I know you'll take care of the long-term users who want to retain a desktop/download model. I'm a both/and kind of guy. 

L5 on Lenovo Thinkpad, i5, windows 7 pro | Logos App on Samsung Galaxy S3 | Logos App on tablet soon

Posts 24847
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2015 8:32 PM

alabama24:
For clarification: I don't think Dave means to suggest that new features will be introduced in the WEB APP every 6 weeks... or do you?

No!  I misread the question and answered for the Desktop Application

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 7983
LogosEmployee

Dave Hooton:

Jonathan Griffiths:

Yes  - see https://www.logos.com/product/50138/logos-now

But see also https://community.logos.com/forums/p/103245/714014.aspx#714014 

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 7:03 AM

When (and I believe it is "when", not "if") the web app actually functions properly it will be a marvellous interface, however currently it is certainly not worth paying for and I very much doubt that it will be up to speed once the month free trial is over.

So lots of promise but no reason to subscribe yet. 

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 7:07 AM

Mike Pettit:

This is why you are to subscribe.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 7:08 AM

To be more specific. https://www.logos.com/faq#LogosNow 

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 7:32 AM

Lynden Williams:

Mike Pettit:

All I am saying is that there is no reason to pay over cash for the web app now as it is nowhere near ready yet.

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 7:44 AM

Mike Pettit:

Lynden Williams:

Mike Pettit:

All I am saying is that there is no reason to pay over cash for the web app now as it is nowhere near ready yet.

Agree.  If the main functionality you'd be subscribing for is the web app (which it will be for me), now is not yet the time to subscribe.

Posts 27551
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 8:40 AM

Rayner:
If the main functionality you'd be subscribing for is the web app (which it will be for me), now is not yet the time to subscribe.

+1

Posts 3001
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 10:12 AM

The Web App definitely needs work. In fairness that isn't one of the features you are necessarily paying for if you read the wording carefully. The web app access is to the beta. In other words, a sneak peek. 

What you are really paying for right now is development (of the web app) PLUS:

When you subscribe to Logos Now, you’ll get the following content, tools, and benefits:

1. Old Testament Propositional Bible Outlines (dataset)
  2. Greek Grammatical Constructions (dataset)
  3. Commandments of the Law (interactive)
  4. Visual Copy Templates (media)
  5. Author Slide Templates (media)
  6. Logos Stock Images, vol. 2 (media)
  7. Media Browser (tool)
  8. Concordance (tool)
  9. And Member Perks.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 41
Robert B Harte | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 1:35 PM

This may be the wrong way to get into this conversation, so excuse my lack of understanding. My question/Comment is, what about windows phone 10?  My understanding is that it will support any windows program. Would it not be easier to provide the appropriate formatting to logos 6 to run it on windows phone 10? 

Posts 3001
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 1:38 PM

Robert B Harte:

This may be the wrong way to get into this conversation, so excuse my lack of understanding. My question/Comment is, what about windows phone 10?  My understanding is that it will support any windows program. Would it not be easier to provide the appropriate formatting to logos 6 to run it on windows phone 10? 

They are actually working on an app for Windows Phone.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 27551
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 1:38 PM

Robert B Harte:

this has nothing to do with windows phone. There is a community pricing effort to bring a native app to that platform. I will see if I can find the link. 

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 1:40 PM

Robert B Harte:

Windows 10 will run any Windows application, but Windows Phone 10 will not.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Page 1 of 3 (54 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS