Foundations of The SDA Message and Mission by Damsteegt

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 83
John Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 25 2015 2:15 PM

Hi Martin,

I think Dr. Damsteegt would be very open to getting his book "Foundations of the SDA Message and Mission" into Logos. It was originally published by Eerdmans in 1977. I think the AU Press has done a reprint of it more recently. I know we have a lot of pre-pub right now, but I think this would be a great addition to our Logos Libraries! :-) 

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2015 2:20 PM

Would probably go into production sooner than some of those on pre-pub.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2015 5:26 PM

John Miller:

Hi Martin,

I think Dr. Damsteegt would be very open to getting his book "Foundations of the SDA Message and Mission" into Logos. It was originally published by Eerdmans in 1977. I think the AU Press has done a reprint of it more recently. I know we have a lot of pre-pub right now, but I think this would be a great addition to our Logos Libraries! :-) 

This sounds like a good book! I would likely grab it on pre-pub pretty quick. :)

Posts 83
John Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2015 6:38 PM

I actually e-mailed Dr. Damsteegt today and he said he has been in dialogue with Martin about getting it in Logos. Hopefully it can work out soon!  :-) 

Posts 163
Reimar Vetne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2015 5:37 AM

John, do you know if Dr. Damsteegt has been working on a revised version of his book? It was written 30+ years ago. Would be great to have an update that takes into account all the research on early SDA history that has been done since.

Posts 83
John Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2015 7:49 AM

I'm not sure if he is. Martin might be in touch with him on that possibly. I may be able to ask him this week if I see him at the seminary. That would be great if he had time to do an update to it! :-)

Posts 544
LogosEmployee
Martin Weber | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2015 11:06 AM

I'm working with Dr. Damsteegt on getting that book into Logos. I assured him that it was a classic and we need/want it.

Posts 250
Edwin Sully PAYET | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 8 2015 4:31 AM

nice to hear that!

A revision would even be better...

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS