Problems with Notes

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 31
Wes Walker | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 19 2010 6:54 AM

I have decided to give up on waiting on Logos 4 to import notes for me, because I've heard negative remarks about how they are going to format the notes, even if it does finally come out. I have been waiting for almost 4 months to switch to this new program I paid for way back then, but it's not going to happen without my notes.

And now, I cannot even manually transfer all the notes effectively. I want to add a note to a verse, and have it show up in each translation, as L3 does. I know you add to reference, not selection, and I think it has worked before, but now it does not. Does anyone know why that might be happening?

Another question, Logos 4 allows you to create multiple sets of notes. But those notes again only appear in the NASB, the translation I added them to. Are they supposed to all show up in every translation. This would be a neat feature, because I could make different types of notes and then cut them off in visual filters. But again, they are only showing up in one translation. Help please

Posts 255
Pat Flanakin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 7:04 AM

I have seen my notes show up in all bibles.  I am sure you are missing a setting.  I cannot remember what it is, but someone will chime in.  Also, this should be exhibited in the Notes lessons in the free training videos.

Sorry you are having such difficulty.

Posts 296
Jonathan West | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 7:08 AM

To make the note appear in every translation, right click on the verse - ensure the Reference is selected at top right not selection - and then choose Add to xyz Notes bottom right ...

www.emmanuelecc.org

Posts 31
Wes Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 7:14 AM

I am doing it just like you said Jonathan, and it is not showing up in the other translations. Any idea why not? I'm pretty sure it did in the past. So maybe something is just wrong with mine. My secondary question though is, does everyone else have notes from multiple note files that show up in every translation? Mine has never done that correctly. If I make a new series of notes, they only show up in 1 translation.

Thanks

Posts 85
Timothy Shrimpton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 7:18 AM

I've got two questions that I can'f find answers to in regards to notes, which likely means that the answers are "No," but rather than create a new thread, I hope our Original Poster (great email address, by the way!) doesn't mind if I quickly ask here:

1) Can I set the default font for a note file?  I'm mostly interested in the font size, as the default system font works great. 

2) Can I set where a new note file will open in my layout?  It currently glues itself on top of my Greek NT or Hebrew OT.  I'd much rather have it open up on top of the Exegetical Guide.

Thanks!

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 7:28 AM

TimothyShrimpton:
1) Can I set the default font for a note file?  I'm mostly interested in the font size, as the default system font works great.

Not sure if you are asking if you can set it for all Notes files, or a different one for each Note file. If we are discussing ALL Notes files, then under program settings in L4 B11 you will find:

Posts 85
Timothy Shrimpton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 7:37 AM

ah-ha!  I was getting stuck in the "fonts" section there and never bothered to look farther.  I'm an idiot!  Thank you!!

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 7:40 AM

TimothyShrimpton:
I'm an idiot!  Thank you!!

We are all idiots on this forum at one time or another. Big Smile You are welcome.

Posts 85
Timothy Shrimpton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 8:01 AM

If I may be so bold as to ask another question.  Is there a way to change the note file's auto-saving down from "constant" to like, every minute or so?  The sluggishness that occurs when typing is a little obnoxious, and if I ended up losing a minute or two of work on a note file, that would be a small price to pay to smooth out that process.

I always wondered this about LDLS 3, so I guess now is as good of a time as any to ask. :)

Thanks!

Posts 85
Mike Waugh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 8:08 AM

tetelestai33ad@yahoo.com:

I am doing it just like you said Jonathan, and it is not showing up in the other translations. Any idea why not? I'm pretty sure it did in the past. So maybe something is just wrong with mine. My secondary question though is, does everyone else have notes from multiple note files that show up in every translation? Mine has never done that correctly. If I make a new series of notes, they only show up in 1 translation.

Bumping back to the original discussion...

Dell Studio XPS16 / Win 7 64bit / i7 Q720 @ 1.60GHz (2.80GHz Turbo) 6MB Cache / 4GB RAM / 500GM Hard Disk @ 7200 RPM / ATI Mobility RADEON® HD 4670 – 1GB

Posts 582
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 10:22 AM

Thanks

Will this link help - http://community.logos.com/forums/t/10413.aspx? It makes a difference if you right click on a word or if you select a word.

πάντα εἰς δόξαν θεοῦ ποιεῖτε

Posts 582
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 10:30 AM

My secondary question though is, does everyone else have notes from multiple note files that show up in every translation?

My note files show up together as you can see in this image of the ESV. They also show up in other versions.

Posts 31
Wes Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 11:11 AM

So can anyone confirm that you can write notes into different notes files and have all your notes in all the different note files show up accross Logos in different translations?

Then, can any Logos tech people help me understand why none of my notes are showing up on other translations now?

Posts 85
Timothy Shrimpton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 11:58 AM

I just tried this.  I added a note to my NIV Bible, and it doesn't show up in my NASB or ESV.  I just highlighted a verse and clicked "Add note to [most recent note file]."  Even with "Reference" selected, it doesn't seem to be working on my end either.

Posts 31
Wes Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 12:13 PM

Can a few more people please confirm this? I have given up waiting on Logos4 to import my notes for me, and I plan to waste many hours manually doing it, and now it won't even do a basic feature.

Posts 595
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 12:38 PM

Do you have the visual filters on all your bibles set to show notes? You have to set the visual filters separately for each one.

Posts 31
Wes Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 12:55 PM

They all have my note files as an option, and that option is selected. Again, this has worked in the past, now it is not.

And my secondary question is still, can anyone else have more than one set of note files selected across other translations?

Posts 582
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 1:55 PM

can anyone else have more than one set of note files selected across other translations?

Yes. Two note files, Five versions. All showing. As the link I posted earlier explains, if you highlight a word or verse, the note is added just to that resource. If you instead just click on the word or verse, it shows up in all the versions.

Posts 85
Timothy Shrimpton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 3:07 PM

Yup, that works for me Gary.  That seems really weird though.

Posts 31932
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 3:17 PM

I have decided to give up on waiting on Logos 4 to import notes for me, because I've heard negative remarks about how they are going to format the notes, even if it does finally come out.

Depending upon the quantity of notes you may want to wait just a bit longer. The quality of the import is getting better with each beta - your real concern need be only those notes with features no longer available.such as embedded graphics.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS