Posts 33
Dave Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2016 7:30 PM

Robert M. Warren:

Talked me into it.

Same here.

Posts 5315
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2016 9:27 PM

Veli Voipio:

One way to get more customers is to remove the country restriction. 

Now the situation (and managers at the publishers) may be different than a year ago.

One phone call could solve this problem right away?

Well traditionally in these situations the secondary distributor may want almost as much as the first one to get it published making it even harder to get it through the prepub system  if you nearly double the cost to add it in before you even start the work. That said I wish there could be no restrictions on any of the items published.

-Dan

Posts 891
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2016 7:03 AM

Keep pushing!

P A

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2016 2:52 PM

alabama24:
Despite being one of the best selling Study Bibles, the NIVSB isn't available in Logos

The closest we have to it in Logos is the Concordia Self Study Bible.  In the print version it includes the text of NIV84.  From the foward of this resource:

"The Concordia Self-Study Bible is a Lutheran edition of The NIV Study Bible. The notes have been edited and revised to provide a distinctively Lutheran emphasis by Robert G. Hoerber, Ph.D., professor of exegetical theology, Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, and Distinguished Service Professor Emeritus of Classics, Westminster College, Fulton, Mo., who served as General Editor of the project; Horace D. Hummel, Ph.D., chairman of the department of exegetical theology, Concordia Seminary, St. Louis; Walter R. Roehrs, Ph.D., professor emeritus of Old Testament theology, Concordia Seminary, St. Louis; and Dean O. Wenthe, Th.M., associate professor of Old Testament theology at Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne, Ind. Introductions to each of the books of the Bible have been expanded to highlight the gospel thrust of the book and to include pertinent statements by Martin Luther on the book’s message.

Notes that have been added or revised for this edition are identified with a dagger (†)."

See NB.Micks review on the product page for more comments: https://www.logos.com/product/21069/concordia-self-study-bible 

A comparison of the two also available here:

https://faithlife.com/concordia-self-study-bible-users/documents/227 .

Same article here if you are not a part of the group above:

http://www.wlsessays.net/bitstream/handle/123456789/2394/JeskeStudy.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y 

It works well in multiple resource view with the NIV84 text.

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2016 2:59 PM

P A:

Keep pushing!

P A

Dan Francis:

Veli Voipio:

One way to get more customers is to remove the country restriction. 

Now the situation (and managers at the publishers) may be different than a year ago.

One phone call could solve this problem right away?

Well traditionally in these situations the secondary distributor may want almost as much as the first one to get it published making it even harder to get it through the prepub system  if you nearly double the cost to add it in before you even start the work. That said I wish there could be no restrictions on any of the items published.

-Dan

I'd be happy to join the push P A  but I'm not allowed. And as much a like Veli's optimism I'm not confident there would be a change of heart by they publishing company who would loose out in this scenario.

Posts 891
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2016 8:59 AM

Keep on pushing!

We will get this over the line.

Remember I am a veteran of the NEB & REB campaigns!

P ASmile

Posts 9402
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 12 2016 4:06 PM

P A:
Remember I am a veteran of the NEB & REB campaigns!

You got me on both of those! And this year I'm reading the REB as my translation choice for 2016.

And....

You just caused me to place my order as well. Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS