NSBT Sale

Page 2 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 56 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 3355
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2016 6:48 PM

August 8.

JeremyS:

any indication how long this sale is running?

mm.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2016 6:51 PM

The reviews on amazon and other websites seem to point that the series is overall good, but hmm...Indifferent

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 6858
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2016 7:23 PM

Just added Paul and the commandments for a total of 8. After carefully reviewing the rest I realized I don't need any more volumes :)

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2016 7:40 PM

DAL:

Just added Paul and the commandments for a total of 8. After carefully reviewing the rest I realized I don't need any more volumes :)

4 more and you'll get a $15 coupon Smile

Posts 6858
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2016 8:58 PM

Keith Pang:

DAL:

4 more and you'll get a $15 coupon Smile

Meh! That means $40 bucks more for $15 back...I think I'm ok for now ;)

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2016 9:43 PM
Good point! Lol

Posts 398
Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2016 10:52 PM

alabama24:
Personally, I am glad for it. If the publisher is going to have a sale, I want in! 

I agree one hundred percent. I have bought thousands of dollars of prepubs and they were good deals at the time. If the publisher comes up with a great deal after that, I rejoice that others can enjoy that as well. To artificially hold a price at a higher rate just because it was on prepub in the last year, has never made any sense to me and never will regardless of which side of the buying coin I am on. Not only does a high artificial price look bad on Faithlife when its competitors are beating their price, but it is frustrating for users who could benefit now (implies that were not able to get it at prepub).  Let's remove the concept that prepub price is a guaranteed low price. Buy at prepub if it seems a fair price and you want it in production. If not, gamble that it will some day be cheaper and makes it out of prepub somehow. That's the way the rest of life works. Why should this be different?

Posts 129
Tim Farley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2016 7:17 AM

Danny Parker:
Let's remove the concept that prepub price is a guaranteed low price. Buy at prepub if it seems a fair price and you want it in production. If not, gamble that it will some day be cheaper and makes it out of prepub somehow. That's the way the rest of life works. Why should this be different?

Agree!

Posts 1441
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2016 7:19 AM

Danny Parker:

alabama24:
Personally, I am glad for it. If the publisher is going to have a sale, I want in! 

I agree one hundred percent. I have bought thousands of dollars of prepubs and they were good deals at the time. If the publisher comes up with a great deal after that, I rejoice that others can enjoy that as well. To artificially hold a price at a higher rate just because it was on prepub in the last year, has never made any sense to me and never will regardless of which side of the buying coin I am on. Not only does a high artificial price look bad on Faithlife when its competitors are beating their price, but it is frustrating for users who could benefit now (implies that were not able to get it at prepub).  Let's remove the concept that prepub price is a guaranteed low price. Buy at prepub if it seems a fair price and you want it in production. If not, gamble that it will some day be cheaper and makes it out of prepub somehow. That's the way the rest of life works. Why should this be different?

I agree!  Like most others, I want to get a good deal.  So if I buy something and find it goes on sale for a lower price afterward, I get that same feeling of "Awwww.  I didn't get the best deal." Embarrassed  Now if the seller said the item would never be sold at a lower price, then did exactly that, I'd have reason to be upset.  But barring that, I have to own up to the fact that I'm the one who decided when to buy and at what price.  Now if by chance, I purchase a resource from Faithlife that goes on sale shortly after my 30 day return period is up and they are gracious enough to refund me the difference--that's just frosting on the cake and has increased my appreciation for the company.  But they have in no way harmed me if they either can't do that or they choose not to do that.

In regard to pre-pubs, I've never viewed them as the lowest price something will ever sell for and to my knowledge, Faithlife doesn't claim that to be the case.  So I'm thankful for every sale whether or not I wish to take advantage of it, or am even able to do so.

Posts 911
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2016 7:40 AM

Bill Anderson:

Can someone explain for me how "biblical theology" is defined in these works because it can mean different things to different people. I come to biblical theology from the perspective of Geerhardus Vos. Do these volumes reflect this perspective or something else?

It traces themes canonically and integrates them secondarily to speaking in the Bible's own idiom. It is not a set of superficial word studies or systematic theology that is "biblical." My knowledge of Vos' definition is second-hand, but I think you will find these studies agreeable. and very profitable. Beale's volume on the Temple theme should be non-negotiable reading. 

Posts 705
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2016 8:39 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

In regard to pre-pubs, I've never viewed them as the lowest price something will ever sell for and to my knowledge, Faithlife doesn't claim that to be the case.  So I'm thankful for every sale whether or not I wish to take advantage of it, or am even able to do so.

Posts 43
Brandon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2016 9:35 AM

To anyone who will listen: The Acts of the Risen Lord Jesus by Alan Thompson is a must-have resource for anyone studying or preparing to preach through the book of Acts. I can't overstate how beneficial this book was for me when I preached through Acts 2 years ago. GET IT.

Posts 1441
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2016 1:12 PM

JH:

Rick Ausdahl:

Sounds like a point-in-time statement and probably is (or was) true.  Very different (in my opinion) than saying the pre-pub price is the lowest price at which a resource will ever be sold.  If Faithlife does state the price will never be lower, then sells it at a lower price, that would be a horse of a different color.

I don't mean to be argumentative--just a little different perspective I guess.  Will let it go at that--don't want to hijack the thread.

Posts 78
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2016 6:33 AM

The problem that I have with the seeming reversal of things is that certain volumes were withheld from the recent NIC sales precisely because they had been on pre-pub. 

Posts 2474
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2016 7:44 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
Sounds like a point-in-time statement and probably is (or was) true.  Very different (in my opinion) than saying the pre-pub price is the lowest price at which a resource will ever be sold. 

Agreed. Can a product that has ever been in pre-pub be part of a base package or be featured as the free book +1? In both cases it would be cheaper than the original pre-pub.

When I pay a certain price for a resource, I only ever do so when I feel it's worth it. When at a later point someone else gets the same thing for less, or for free, I can choose to feel happy for the ones having the chance for a good deal, or envy them and feel self-pity, or anything in between.

Unless FL offers lots and lots of products at huge discounts shortly after they leave pre-pub, I'm confident that feeling happy for the others works best for me. 😸

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 2499
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2016 9:25 AM

Jan Krohn:

Unless FL offers lots and lots of products at huge discounts shortly after they leave pre-pub, I'm confident that feeling happy for the others works best for me.

Yes

Posts 6858
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2016 1:21 PM

Matthew Miller:

Just placed my prepub! Thanks for the $9.99 price tag too 👍 Hopefully it won't drag for too long in prepubgatory as the line is still red and very low.

Posts 2499
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2016 8:33 PM

Very considerate of you. Thanks, Matthew.

Posts 560
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2016 12:40 AM

DAL:
Just placed my prepub! Thanks for the $9.99 price tag too 👍

Likewise Yes

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Page 2 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS