I know Bob said... but,

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 456
Pastor Roger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 5:42 PM

Stephen Ashton:
For me, there's enough working for the majority of the study I do on a daily basis and A14 is waaay more stable than previous alphas.

I have to agree.  I used  a14 all day today preparing a sermon from Romans 14. I had zero crashes and was able to move from resource to resource quickly.  I couldn't do everything, of course, but I got a lot done (and drank too much coffee in my favorite watering hole).

P.S. I jumped on board with A9.  Since then there has been a remarkable improvement.

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 8:41 AM

rcfresno:
 I used  a14 all day today preparing a sermon from Romans 14.
I deleted 1.2.2 a couple weeks ago and have been using the Alpha for my weekly sermon prep.  And while some tasks take some extra work to and time, I can get the job done.. Yes  Keep up the good work Mac team! 

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 452
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 2:01 PM

I am pretty happen with the way the process is going. I am getting close to being ready to delete 1.2.2, you go with your brave self Joe!

all about Christ,
David Buckham

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 3:21 PM

Joe Miller:

I deleted 1.2.2 a couple weeks ago and have been using the Alpha for my weekly sermon prep.  And while some tasks take some extra work to and time, I can get the job done.. Yes  Keep up the good work Mac team! 

I'll not feel comfortable doing that until I can do morphological searches. I use them a lot. Geeked

But I have to admit that once that is available and few of the other tools, I'll be happy to say goodbye to L1.2.2.

A14 is really stable. I don't even get phased by the spinning kaleidoscope anymore. I just let it complete and carry on working.

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 97
Donnie Vick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 8:01 PM

Alan,

Just out of curiosity, what do you do morphological searches for?  I don't really understand the importance of this kind of search.  Do you use it just to learn how a word is used in various places?

Posts 18
Kevin Rossen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 9:33 PM

Just gonna add my two cents here. I've been MUCH happier with L4Mac than the previous version of Libronix for the Mac. I disliked the last software so much I got a refund and stopped using it. L4Mac, even with it's flaws and shortcomings compared to the Windows version, has been very usable for me on a daily basis. I can do the majority of what I need to do most of the time, so I'm content for now.

I will be even more happy once the beta version comes out. I have nothing to base this on, but I imagine we're going to see it well before the summer.

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 11:06 PM

Donnie Vick:

Alan,

Just out of curiosity, what do you do morphological searches for?  I don't really understand the importance of this kind of search.  Do you use it just to learn how a word is used in various places?

Donnie

I use them in order to understand how the biblical author has structured his composition, in order to understand what he was getting at. For example, how does Mark use conjunctions in the opening few chapter of his Gospel and how often does he use them? Or how does Mark deploy adverbial modifiers throughout his Gospel? The fact is that we find that he uses them most in chapter 13. Why? By providing adverbial modifiers for every speech act verb Mark takes firm control of the way in which this important, yet potentially ambiguous, material may be properly understood by his lectors (the people who read the Gospel aloud) — and, so, accurately conveyed to their audiences. Using morph searches saves hours of work, painstakingly poring over the printed text.

Morph searches help bring the text alive and give you a fell for the dynamics of its composition – and hence meaning.

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 11:17 PM

Kevin Rossen:

… I've been MUCH happier with L4Mac than the previous version of Libronix for the Mac. I disliked the last software so much I got a refund and stopped using it. L4Mac, even with it's flaws and shortcomings compared to the Windows version, has been very usable for me on a daily basis.

Kevin

I couldn't have put it better. L for Mac 1 was a serious culture shock after the power of Libronix 3. (Even the old Logos 1.6 had a better verse copying facility.) I would have moved to Mac years ago, but for Logos and how much I used it. After I heard that Logos was available for Mac, I saved my pennies, bought a new iMac in October and ordered L for Mac 1.2.2. What a disappointment! Thank goodness L 4 Mac was launched a week later! I installed it when it had reached A12, haven't regretted it a bit, and look forward to using it exclusively when it has a bit more functionality. Probably when it moves to Beta.

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 1692
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 9:40 AM

We're working really hard on it. We've moved more developers internally from the Windows team to the Mac team, and we've even set up a second "SWAT team" to help get things done faster; this effectively doubles the Mac development team. (These extra team members joined in the last four weeks; Alpha 14 was the first in which you saw their contributions, and the app should be advancing in much larger leaps with each new release.)

We aren't sharing dates because there aren't any -- we're just pushing ahead at full speed, and growing the team as much as we can absorb.

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 9:47 AM

Bob Pritchett:
We're working really hard on it.

I appreciate the effort.  L4 Mac is starting to look real cool AND work fairly well.  Keep up the hard work!

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 11:46 AM

Bob Pritchett:

We're working really hard on it. We've moved more developers internally from the Windows team to the Mac team, and we've even set up a second "SWAT team" to help get things done faster; this effectively doubles the Mac development team. (These extra team members joined in the last four weeks; Alpha 14 was the first in which you saw their contributions, and the app should be advancing in much larger leaps with each new release.)

We really appreciate the efforts you are making. Many of us have taken a leap of faith to purchase L4 - or an L4 upgrade - early because of the introductory offer. Right now that is looking like a good decision.

Thank you.

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 11:52 AM

Bob Pritchett:
… we're just pushing ahead at full speed, and growing the team as much as we can absorb.

Thanks, Bob. You have been as good as your word

Every blessing to all at Logos.

Alan Macgregor

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS