Add a Scripture Slide within Song Slides

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 87
Dave Hill | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 29 2016 10:37 AM

Hello,

I'm still hoping one day we will have some options for adding a scripture to a song slide, especially useful during those moments of instrumental solos, where the congregation isn't sure what to do.

If any ONE of these following options were made available, it would provide a way to insert scripture into a song in a way that it doesn't look exactly like the song lyrics (which could be confusing to some).

1. Allow any one text formatting option to be applied to selected song lyrics and not the whole song lyrics (font family, font weight, font size, bold, italic, small caps, all caps, text alignment, font color, text styles, or saved text effects.)
  2. Allow a different background to be set on an individual slide within a song
  3. Allow a custom Text Field to be applied to an individual song slide and not every slide in the song.
  4. Allow a foreground image to be applied to an individual song slide and not every slide in the song.

Thanks for the consideration.

Dave Hill

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2016 10:46 AM

Option (1) would suit me too. I'd like to put choruses in italics. Other people would like to use a different colour for bilingual songs. The technology is there for normal content. So I hope soon that Proclaim will allow this in songs too.

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2016 3:49 PM

Hi Dave,

I'm still hoping one day we will have some options for adding a scripture to a song slide, especially useful during those moments of instrumental solos, where the congregation isn't sure what to do.

Jordan pointed out a nifty workaround for this. You can add a Bible service item at the end of the presentation with the scripture you want to have on screen during the instrumental solo, then change to that service item and back again using grid view.

We've had feedback in favor of all the options that you put forward, but I can't tell you definitively when we'll change any of these functions. There might be some low-hanging fruit, but most of these changes affect the fundamental ways in which the song service item works. I'll look into seeing what sorts of customizations like these are higher priority for us to get changed around.

Posts 87
Dave Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 30 2016 12:52 PM

Thanks Peter and Jordan for the suggestion.

Here are the work-arounds I've been using...

• Paste the Scripture into a SONG and make the scripture sentences long so the font is made smaller, and put portions I want to stand out in shorter sentences, so that text is larger like the song lyrics.

• Another, work-around I've used is to create the song in 2-Parts with a Scripture slide between them. The Song Part 1 might be V1, C, V2, C, Brg... then have a scripture slide as the next item, then duplicate the song after the scripture and finish out the song... C, C (Using NO title slide). This method is flawless for volunteers... just keep hitting the arrow.  (This option does require building it each time, or the song items can be named  accordingly as Part 1 and Part 2 to reuse the items.)

I think it will be a nice addition when the option can be added so that it can be done within a song.

Dave

Posts 87
Dave Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 10:38 AM

Thanks for all the new options in 2.0!!

I can now create scripture slides with unique fonts within songs using the text overlays!Way to go guys! Thanks for listening and finding solutions.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS