The Logos Now Membership Program is here!

Page 5 of 6 (111 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 110 Replies | 15 Followers

Posts 1351
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2016 8:34 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

We try to release a new version every six weeks. Here's the anticipated release schedule for the rest of the year:

• 8/22
  • 10/3
  • 11/14
  • 12/26

Boxing Day release! Smile

Posts 87
Rick Carmickle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2016 12:33 PM

From this information, can I infer that L7 will not be released until after December 26, with these LN release dates set? 

Posts 353
Virgil Buttram | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2016 12:34 PM

Or L7 will be released on one of the earlier dates, with L7.1, etc. released on the rest.

Posts 2028
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2016 1:31 PM

Rick Carmickle:

From this information, can I infer that L7 will not be released until after December 26, with these LN release dates set? 

Since Phil reassured some that they would be able to get their money back on their current purchase of a base package when L7 comes out if they so desire, I would expect that we are within 30 days of release, which would be within the standard return window.  If it is also going to be released on one of the scheduled dates, then that would seem to indicate 8/22.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 6736
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2016 2:16 PM

Joseph Turner:

Rick Carmickle:

Since Phil reassured some that they would be able to get their money back on their current purchase of a base package when L7 comes out if they so desire, I would expect that we are within 30 days of release, which would be within the standard return window.  If it is also going to be released on one of the scheduled dates, then that would seem to indicate 8/22.

When it involves a major release of the software you can get 60 days money back (if you want your money going for the new one - that's why Phil mentioned they make an exception and cut you a real good deal) so I'm leaning towards an October L7 release. Hey, they might stretch it out and do November, but October seems more realistic and more in line with their history of releases 😉 Besides, they gotta leave room for Black Friday and December's sales and mid November release cycle seems too close to have all those sales 😁

Posts 28027
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2016 4:56 PM

Rick Carmickle:

Why would you think that? Your guess is as good as mine, but he simply provided a list of LN release dates for the remainder of the year. The membership program has new releases EVERY six weeks ad infinitum. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1847
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2016 7:58 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

SineNomine:

Phil et al., thank you for answering so many questions.

Unfortunately, I think you guys may have missed one of mine (from the bottom of the first page):

Will the special 5% Logos Now discount also apply to people with academic discounts?

I'm checking to confirm how this will work. Just want to be sure before giving an answer.

Yes. This will apply to people with academic discounts as well.

Posts 3357
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2016 5:01 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

SineNomine:

Unfortunately, I think you guys may have missed one of mine (from the bottom of the first page):

Will the special 5% Logos Now discount also apply to people with academic discounts?

I'm checking to confirm how this will work. Just want to be sure before giving an answer.

Awesome. That really increases the chance of me buying either when my free month runs out or when Verbum 7 comes out.

Posts 705
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:32 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

SineNomine:

Phil,

When will the 5% discount be available online for those with academic discounts? As things are currently configured, it is more expensive to buy a package with academic discount than it is without it. I checked 3 or 4 packages that I am interested in.

Posts 6490
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:37 PM

JH:
When will the 5% discount be available online for those with academic discounts? As things are currently configured, it is more expensive to buy a package with academic discount than it is without it. I checked 3 or 4 packages that I am interested in.

Have you put them in the cart to see if there is any difference?

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 6490
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:39 PM

JH:

Phil,

He answered here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/129358/841477.aspx#841477 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 4
Sidney Capillas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 7:10 PM

Hi Chris,

I have a Logos 5 Bible software and just subscribed to the new Logos Now Membership.

According to one of the features of the Logos Now Membership, it says: " Logos Now members gain access to exclusive media collections that are only available through subscription. Enjoy over 6,000 pieces of premium still and motion media, including beautiful, hand-crafted slides for your presentations, photographs to enhance your biblical understanding, Bible verse animations, and more"

Question: How or where can I have access to these still and motion media collections?

Thank you and would appreciate your reply.

Sincerely,

Sidney Capillas

Posts 27943
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 7:21 PM

Welcome to the forums Sidney. Have you updated the software? If so, under tools open the Media tool. If not, update your software first - if you are Logos Now, "update now" in the command box should get the update started.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4
Sidney Capillas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 7:49 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried to type in "update now" in the command box, however, it says "no updates available," "no updates were found." I have Logos 5 software and I don't see any media under tools. Do I need to uninstall my Logos and re-install it again in order to update my software?

Appreciate your assistance.

Posts 3357
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 7:57 PM

Are both your Logos Now subscription and your Logos 5 installation tied to the same email address? If not, it would explain your problem.

Posts 27943
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 8:00 PM

With Logos Now you should have automatically update to L7 ... I suspect that the fact you were not on L6 may be responsible. I'd go to https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/windows/install to update to L6 (free) then try Update Now again.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4
Sidney Capillas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 8:52 PM

Yes, it's the same email.

Posts 4
Sidney Capillas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 9:19 PM

Thank you so much MJ! I think your recommendation worked. God bless.

Posts 2
Nicholas Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 20 2016 7:35 PM

Question: I have never owned anything related to Logos. I was looking at the Verbum Portfolio package which runs roughly $4,500.  Instead, if I joined "Verbum Now" what do I not get access to as compared to the Verbum Portfolio package? Is it strictly an "ownership" vs. "rental" thing? With a subscription to Verbum Now do you still have to buy something else to get the full access of all of the data (books, letters, etc.) of the portfolio edition?

At $99/Year is would take 45 years to equal the single, one-time purchase of the platform package... so, I am really confused as to why someone would make that type of a purchase and not go the rental route... or am I missing something?

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 20 2016 7:40 PM

Verbum Now, Logos Now is a membership giving you the full features of Logos. This does not include any ownership of books or features. You do have preview access to certain resources each month. As well as new features that come out about every 6 weeks. You would still have to get a base package. I hope that helps. 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Page 5 of 6 (111 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS