Dear Faithlife, please do not compromise the public perception of your integrity

Page 4 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 75 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 28229
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 4:04 PM

DAL:
Well I'm sorreee! I didn't know I thought it was a typo or something. And who's slamming who? So calm yourself down and don't over react. I'm not the judge here. Besides I've always interacted well with Dan -- so lighten up, will you?

Good grief! I am calm ... chill even ... and I don't have the slightest idea what your position is. Can't one use a little humor to make sure no one jumps into the thread and makes a issue of it? I mean what are the chances that one of the 3-4 remaining Shakers are on the Logos forums?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1505
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 4:06 PM

DAL:

Dan Francis:

$340 is still pretty hard for me but doable as long as my husband doesn't look into it... Big Smile

-Dan

Husband?

Apparently you haven't visited Dan's website in his signature.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 4:11 PM

Big Smile

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5270
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 4:15 PM

Thank you for the reminders MJ and DAL i don't feel offended you asked. It is likely my fault for not typing spouse for while I do not hide I also don't want to offer intentional provocation. This forum is provided not for theological discourse but help and aid in use of FL products...

-Dan

Posts 6860
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 4:20 PM

MJ. Smith:

DAL:
Well I'm sorreee! I didn't know I thought it was a typo or something. And who's slamming who? So calm yourself down and don't over react. I'm not the judge here. Besides I've always interacted well with Dan -- so lighten up, will you?

Good grief! I am calm ... chill even ... and I don't have the slightest idea what your position is. Can't one use a little humor to make sure no one jumps into the thread and makes a issue of it? I mean what are the chances that one of the 3-4 remaining Shakers are on the Logos forums?

Well it didn't come across humorous it came across like censorious. But anyway, no worries. And no I have not visited his page. I do appreciate his comments and his past recommendations on the NIB set. 

DAL

Posts 6860
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 4:22 PM

Dan Francis:

Thank you for the reminders MJ and DAL i don't feel offended you asked. It is likely my fault for not typing spouse for while I do not hide I also don't want to offer intentional provocation. This forum is provided not for theological discourse but help and aid in use of FL products...

-Dan

No worries Dan 👍

Posts 28229
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 4:39 PM

DAL:
Well it didn't come across humorous it came across like censorious.

AAARRGHHH... I'm never going to learn to speak Evangelicalese.Crying

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 4:55 PM

MJ. Smith:

Just so you do not lump all non-denominationalists in with Evangelicals. 

Posts 6860
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 5:08 PM

MJ. Smith:

DAL:
Well it didn't come across humorous it came across like censorious.

Speak "Christian" it's much easier 😉

Posts 149
David A. Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 5:31 PM

MJ. Smith:

I mean what are the chances that one of the 3-4 remaining Shakers are on the Logos forums?

That was really funny!  Thanks - I don't usually literally laugh out loud, but I did on this one.

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 9:09 PM

Matthew C Jones:

MJ. Smith:

Or even the SBC, were having a discussion now on whether we are actually evangelical or not.

As to the shaker quip - I actually do know one of the four shakers; he is alive and well. I can't say we agreed on much, but he was an ally against the atheists in the mensa group I was part of. I honestly couldn't tell you how closely he even adhered to his chosen tradition as I know very little about it.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 28229
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 9:41 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Hey, I can speak Stone-Campbellese but with a bit of difficulty and a Boise accent. Wink

Posts 599
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 7:19 AM

MJ. Smith:

Matthew C Jones:

Hey, I can speak Stone-Campbellese but with a bit of difficulty and a Boise accent. Wink

Big Smile

Posts 309
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 9:42 AM

Still waiting for the Stone-Campbell packageSad

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 10:01 AM

Lonnie Spencer:

Me too. I had hoped we would see it with the release of Logos 7.

Posts 1062
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 10:12 AM

Matthew C Jones:

Lonnie Spencer:

Me too. I had hoped we would see it with the release of Logos 7.

So am I.  But it's perhaps not surprising that we haven't seen it yet, given the apparent difficulty FaithLife had getting the Orthodox base packages out.

Page 4 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS